Coilovers and handling upgrades???

Zoliaster

Hello,
My car is down for a while so I'm looking into some upgrades. Its a street car that may never see the track. I want a car that hooks well and can carve corners. I also want to lower the car to get rid of some of the gap between the wheel well and tire.

I have the SC&C adjustable front UCA and their taller ball joints (stage II setup) & the ZQ8 spindle brake setup upfront. Currie LCA and adjustable UCA in the rear, and the relocation bracket for the lowers. Bilstiens and kirban springs all the way around. The front has 245X45X17 on 8" wide 4.5BS front rear is 275X40X17 on 9.5" with 5.25 BS +with a 7/16 spacer with f1gsd3 front and rear. Spohn 1" rear bar and stock front. Rear seat brace and SC&C front brace.

Front: considering the BMR lowers (as they will take both springs and coilovers) and eibach lowering spring (.8 inch I believe) or something close. For now leave the bilsteins

Rear: Considering the varishock coilover conversion to replace the kirban springs and bilsteins.

What are your thoughts and suggestions? Any ideas? In the future I'll probably get the rear bear diskbrake conversion for looks and perfromance

Thanks,
Rick

It might be worth your while to do a search on all of the boards regarding the 1" Eibach lowering springs. I had them on a previous Turbo Buick and did not like them There has been some good info posted in the last year or so on this. Some people were happy, some were not. BTW, your present set-up looks pretty nice.

can you provide a link or more info on the "varishock" rear coilover conversion for our cars?

I am a little concerned about the eibachs. Like you said it seems that some have good luck and others don't. I wonder if there is a common underlying reason. I get overwelhmed when I look at all the possibilities of the moog springs as I do not fully understand what spring rates I want and why I want them, or what the proper length is. If money was no option I'd put the coilovers upfront right of the bat. I figured the BMRs will give me that option down the road.

The web site address is www.varishock.com. There is no info that I could find on the site about the conversion for the G-body but Marc at Savitske Classic & custom (www.scandc.com) has a conversion setup. I'm not sure if it's his or varishock's. I'm going to try to call him today and see if I can get more info, I'll report back.

Thanks for the input!

Talked to Marc today. He said the kit is a general kit that will work with the g-body. Basically you drill some holes in the frame and slide in a bar to be welded in place then weld plates to this. There is then plates welded to the axle.