Coil On Plug.....Runs Great!!!

RICHIE HIGH PSI

This weekend we were able to get some time to install the new coil on plug system.
This is the kit that is sold by Hartline Performance. The custom brackets position the coils in a great location, so the wires are not near the headers, the plug and play harness makes for an easy install.
Have to say thanks to Cal Hartline and Gary Harmon for taking the time to install the system in my car.

Today i drove around the streets for 45 min, perfect idle, no stumbles, good throttle response.....And it looks cool too:D

Attachments

• COIL ON PLUG.jpg
    COIL ON PLUG.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 1,583
  • COIL ON PLUG 2.jpg
    COIL ON PLUG 2.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 1,638
That's actually a "coil-near-plug" multi coil ignition system. How expensive does the standard turbo Buick coil pack sound now when compared to this? Cool rig though; kinda like it.

Thanks for posting pictures, Richie! This is the kit we sell for the XFI equpped vehicles. I haven't had enough demand to try and make it work on a stock ecu. It gets you a real hot spark along with a built in 2-step & 3-step.The kit is complete with powder coated brackets, coils, XIM, custom plug and play harness, and plug wires. The cost is $1200, but I will discount it if you don't want the brackets or plug wires (I strongly recommend getting the wires from blackgn1).

Is this setup compatable with an MSD crank trigger also? I am currently using one with a distributor.

Any recorded performance gains? HP or ET?

I have done some dyno testing and I know Otto has done back to back on a couple cars. On a stock engine you probably won't see a hp gain but I haven't seen anyone lose hp. Lots of TSO cars are using this setup. Don Cruz was the guy who pushed me to do this and at least 4 other TSO cars have followed.

Is this setup compatable with an MSD crank trigger also? I am currently using one with a distributor. If it is, wouldn't I just need to fabricate something to cover the cam sensor hole?

I can make it for whatever ignition setup you have. You will need a cam signal, so may not want to cover the cam sensor hole.

I have done some dyno testing and I know Otto has done back to back on a couple cars. On a stock engine you probably won't see a hp gain but I haven't seen anyone lose hp. Lots of TSO cars are using this setup. Don Cruz was the guy who pushed me to do this and at least 4 other TSO cars have followed.

I can make it for whatever ignition setup you have. You will need a cam signal, so may not want to cover the cam sensor hole.

I'm hoping to bring mine to Otto's and make a run on the dyno. Would like to put up some big numbers and interested in trying this set-up. Would be worth the investment to have the XFI controlling the 2 and 3 step capability.

Allan G.

Any reason why that set won't work with a stock ecu? Also can I just buy the harness? By the way that's a awsome set up

Any reason why that set won't work with a stock ecu? Also can I just buy the harness? By the way that's a awsome set up

You would need to be Speed Density for it to work and you would have to plug a laptop into the XIM if you wanted to customize your ignition curve. The software needs to be updated before that would happen. Right now, I just don't see enough demand to warrant it.

I get calls all the time from people wanting to buy just the plug and play harness. They want to try and make their own CNP setup. I will sell the harness for $800