Cobra video

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, not scared :) 600RWHP is nice and all, but there are plenty here that make as much or much much more. Plus, let's see him get it out of the hole.... ;)

Thats all good (600rwhp) but if it doesn't transfer to the ground without blowing the tires off ,its just a waste of hp.You could even see from a roll it breaks loose :rolleyes:

Don't kid yourselves...600rwhp street cars on pump gas are as rare as hen's teeth. It takes a helluva' lot more than a blower alone to make 600rwhp on an LS1. And you'll spend a helluva' lot more money doing it by the time you get there.
Making power is most of the battle, getting down the track is academic. MT is making a 17" ET Street now (26/11.5-17). It won't have the wrinkle of a tire with more sidewall, but they should hook well. I'm sure this 600rwhp Cobra could do some serious damage to about 95% of the cars on this board with a set of those and a good driver.
S.

Yawn...03 cobras are cool but they are just like supra dyno queens- they make big numbers ONLY because of rpm.

Thats why every 400 rwhp cobra runs low 13's.... and most 03 cobras run high 11's. No matter what.

Originally posted by Trbobuick
Yawn...03 cobras are cool but they are just like supra dyno queens- they make big numbers ONLY because of rpm.

Thats why every 400 rwhp cobra runs low 13's.... and most 03 cobras run high 11's. No matter what.

True dat!

Originally posted by Snorman
Don't kid yourselves...
S.

don't kid YOUR self... the ls1 pound for pound & mod for mod is better than the ford modular.

(we ain't skeered....) either!!!

whip4.jpg

whip3.jpg

03s are nice and all, I just cant justify spending 30K for a car. For that much, I could probably have a pretty nice car for each day of the week......or 3 really nice TRs........still neat cars though.

Yeah, the IRS is not much for drag racing, although there are some stronger half shafts coming on the market. Seems the popular fix is trading out the IRS with rear end out of a GT. The 6 speed tranny still requires skill whereas the GN is kinda plug-n-play with the BRF tranny. I believe there are already some Auto conversions happening with the Cobras.

There are some guys blowing up motors, now, from too much boost, to lean tunes, etc....same problems the GN crowd has dealt with for years.

The GN's really accomodate us fat guys much better than the Cobras:D

I think the qoute of doing damage to 95% of the cars on this board is hilarious,I would have to put my money on saying 50-60% of the GNs on this board would tear that guy a new ass!!!!!! Just an observation though,every 03 I've seen in Orlando at the track ,best run 12.78, nothing impressive for that kind of money! Take it to the bank instead!!!!! :rolleyes:

I think the qoute of doing damage to 95% of the cars on this board is hilarious,I would have to put my money on saying 50-60% of the GNs on this board would tear that guy a new ass!!!!!!
LOL...I doubt it. With 600rwhp, even that 3600lb. Cobra will run damn near 130mph and well into the 10's on a sticky tire. Guys with the stock Eaton and ~525-550rwhp are running 125-128mph. Even if the car had trouble hooking, it would storm by all but the quickest cars on this board at mid-track. You really think 50-60% of the cars on this board can do that? I think more like 5%. You do see my sig, right? I do actually own a TR, so I think I can make a fairly educated opinion as to their potential. Most of the cars on this board are 12-second and slower cars, and probably 20% are running 11's. Maybe another 5-10% are 10-second capable (and faster).
Just an observation though,every 03 I've seen in Orlando at the track ,best run 12.78, nothing impressive for that kind of money!
Bone stock, maybe. And that's probably at least 1.5 seconds quicker than a bone stock TR on the same day at the same track. I've seen Pete Misinsky's car running 10.0's with a Kenne Bell blower, and a slew of bolt-on Cobras running deep into the 11's on 17" radials and DR's.
An impressive car, to say the least.
S.

Originally posted by RossGN
Yeah, the IRS is not much for drag racing, although there are some stronger half shafts coming on the market. Seems the popular fix is trading out the IRS with rear end out of a GT. The 6 speed tranny still requires skill whereas the GN is kinda plug-n-play with the BRF tranny. I believe there are already some Auto conversions happening with the Cobras.

There are some guys blowing up motors, now, from too much boost, to lean tunes, etc....same problems the GN crowd has dealt with for years.

The GN's really accomodate us fat guys much better than the Cobras:D

Ford finally got the IRS right with the 03's by installing 31 spline stub shafts, larger diameter half shafts and a beefier rear cover/mount. Nitrous Pete still has the IRS on his and has been in the 9's already. Problem is, NHRA tracks frown on 9 second IRS cars according to the rule book.
Pete's car has an auto (either an AODe or a 4R70w) with a trans brake now. From what I have heard, Ford will be offering the new Cobras with an auto in the near future.
But the beauty of the car is that it comes with a "built" engine from the factory (forged pistons, Manley h beam rods, floating pins, forged steel crank). The guys that are going fast are doing it on unopened stock long blocks with bolt ons (like many Supras).
Impressive to me was the night I saw one guy at Atco last October with one on radials with minor bolt ons (cat back exhaust, gears, diablo chip) going 11.80's @ 128
Thats a 10 second mph! I'm sure there are Buicks out there capable of that, but it wont be with an untouched stock long block. Same goes for the LS1/LT1 cars.

Originally posted by GNVAIR
I'm sure there are Buicks out there capable of that, but it wont be with an untouched stock long block. Same goes for the LS1/LT1 cars.

I can't say I know of a TR running 128mph with an untoched stock longblock, however, I know of a '01 LS1 Z28 A4 Camaro down here that has all the bolt-ons (stock untouched long block) with a 175-200 shot that has run 11.00's @127-128mph on a Nitto DR and he has hurt many peoples feelings on the street from a dig!!!

Bring your badass Cobras down here to Florida and we will line them up with plenty of fast TRs and LT1/LS1 cars that will rip them a new a$$hole!!! I have yet to see a 10 second '03 Cobra down here at the local track (Moroso) or Bradenton so maybe they're all up in NJ..........

WOW ! I just thought it sounded cool when the Cobra got on it thats why i linked the vid.. I never said it was the fastest car on earth. Boy, can't we all just get along? :confused:

Originally posted by Snorman
Maybe. Or maybe 10 and 11-second Cobras are simply a myth or an internet fairy tale. ;)
S. [/B]

All I know is I haven't seen one down here and there is probably a reason for that....... Maybe just maybe it's not as easy to get them to run in the 10's as you and many others may think it is??
Especially with the 6-speed and the factory IRS.... Oh sure some are doing it, but that doesn't mean everybody can or will!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.