CLK 430 Compressor thinks he's Fast.

Originally posted by CanVan87GN
The only kompressor cars were the 230 (C 230 kompressor, SLK 230 kompressor) and the latest SLK 320 kompressor. This car is a beast and it is a 2 seater while the CLK 320 and 430 are 4 seat 2 door coupes.

Mercedes makes to many freaken cars that look alike. They should just but big stickers on the car that say "This one is fast" and some that say "This one is a pig". (Like the ricers :D )

I'm seeing a trend here on how people are saying that you can not do burnouts with these cars and it just makes me wonder. He would hold a big smoky burn out and then slow it down but keep the tires spinning veeerry slowly, as to try to get a better jump when he nails it. Any fool would know that this would just cause you to go up in smoke once you nail the gas and release the brake. The marks are still on the road (yup, pretty good tires) where we launched and it even looks like he went a little sideways (It was 4 blocks from my G/F house so I look at the street every day).

I mean can't you rev it in N and then shift it to D and hold the brake? (Sorda like a 5 or 6 speed manual) No body I know has a Benz and Unless I see the guy in street again, it would just remain a mystery to all of us.

I have no clue how he did it, but he did it.

The Benzene Ring

Hey TG,
If this loser spent the time to rebadge his unit, and given his joy at doing burnouts, I have an idea. Could he have jsut pulled a fuse, or disabled the wheel sensors, pulled a wire somewhere, etc? He seems to have just done something that gave him burnout ability. That's why he was so brazen on a dangerous street.
Great kill. My favorites are always when the "commoner" wins!

Why!!

Why do we have more NEWBIES on here giving the older guys crap?

The Hulk, please look at who is posting, and how many posts the person has before saying some outlandish like that "Never Happened"

Jorge would never put up a B.S. story.

I would like to know what you drive? Are you a ricer fan?

Re: Why!!

Originally posted by Big Paul
Why do we have more NEWBIES on here giving the older guys crap?

The Hulk, please look at who is posting, and how many posts the person has before saying some outlandish like that "Never Happened"

Jorge would never put up a B.S. story.

I would like to know what you drive? Are you a ricer fan?

what does post count have to do with anything ... "newbie"??? i didnt know we were in this for post counts...just because someone doesnt post or does post (a lot) doesnt mean they are turbo regal "stupid" or turbo regal "smart" everyone is allowed to post a bs flag if they want to ...who really cares....its just a freaking story...... and if you want to know what i think a newbie is ....its someone who is new to the cars not the boards.... or it could possibly be someone who doesnt even own a turbo regal

I don't want to get in the middle of this pi$$ing contest. But as the owner of a 95 Eldorado with a 32-valve V8 300hp Northstar, that has traction-control (which doesn't let one tire spin), you can spin the tires (as in both, not just one) if you give it full throttle. Anything less than full throttle and I think the computer automatically backs it off if both tires spin.

As far as the kill story goes, why doubt it. I don't believe that there is anybody that can correctly identify every car ever made by sight. Also, no matter how fast you think you are, there is a faster car somewhere. The only stories I ignore are the obvious troll stories where someone claims to have beaten a GN in a Honda with little mods. But, I do give "authentic" car enthusiasts credit that actually spend time making their cars nice (as in doing more than adding a fart can, wing, and stickers). Lets face it, people have different tastes, and there are a limited number of muscle cars around. They aren't making more, so there is a little alternative. In fact, I was really impressed with the workmanship in a ricer at a car show I was in last year. Here is a link. http://www.laneautomotive.com/LaneSite/pictures/2001carshowpics/1-Saturdaypics/showpics3.htm
It's the far right car in the third row of pictures.

Re: Re: Why!!

Originally posted by Wes

what does post count have to do with anything ... "newbie"??? i didnt know we were in this for post counts...just because someone doesnt post or does post (a lot) doesnt mean they are turbo regal "stupid" or turbo regal "smart" everyone is allowed to post a bs flag if they want to ...who really cares....its just a freaking story...... and if you want to know what i think a newbie is ....its someone who is new to the cars not the boards.... or it could possibly be someone who doesnt even own a turbo regal

You have no idea what I mean. Both guys that replied with B.S. stories were very new to the boards, look at that. I know Turbojorge and know that he knows his stuff about cars, and to me the guys that have been on the board with at least 200 posts must know something about TR's and GN's, and know that person from posting well enough to know they wouldn't put up B.S.. Analyze first bruddah.

Originally posted by turbo84gn
I don't believe that there is anybody that can correctly identify every car ever made by sight.

I mean I had the car right next to me, so it is my fault If I identified the wrong car. I was never really behind him :D ,only next to him at the light, but I was able to see "AMG" on the 18" rims. I only took a look at the back of the car as I was rolling up to the light on his right hand side. I didn't want to stare at it cause I didn't want him to think I was "sweating" his ride.

It's hard as it is to identify "Real" Z28's and SS Camaros and "real" Ram Air TA's, and "real" Steeda's and Cobra's, specially here in Miami. I never thought I'd have to do research on Mercedes.

Newie's are allowed to post whatever they want. I just don't think that newbie's should come aboard as Mercedes "experts" and tell someone that their story is BS. Specially when they don't even own a TR.

You know, Crap like this is the reason why I don't post MOST of my kill stories on this board. You guy's (Non-believers and Mercedes experts) don't appreciate the Honesty of a person. I'll think of better things to do next time I think about posting a Good story here.

I'm done here.

Re: The Benzene Ring

Originally posted by rick cain
Hey TG,
If this loser spent the time to rebadge his unit, and given his joy at doing burnouts, I have an idea. Could he have jsut pulled a fuse, or disabled the wheel sensors, pulled a wire somewhere, etc? He seems to have just done something that gave him burnout ability. That's why he was so brazen on a dangerous street.
Great kill. My favorites are always when the "commoner" wins!

EXACTLY: Anything that is electronically controlled, and I mean ANYTHING, on a car, can be disabled by merely disconnecting power to the device, or tricking the computer.

Het Turbojorge. I was just dropping some information about the Mercedes automobiles. FYI, I believe your story and 83 Malibu 3.8 is right, you can turn the traction control off on any car that has it with some tweaking and playing. We all know how intune we are with our cars so you know others play around with their's. Turbojorge, never "not post" because of what others may say or post. Cheers!:cool:

Not to get in the middle of this argument but for the record you can turn the traction control on any Benz off and do a burn out, even a big S-Klasse. All you do is hold the brake, put the step-tranny into 1st and nail the gas. I used to work for MB and did the nastiest burn out in a '01 CL600, let me tell you the car started going sideways! V12 power is no joke! :D

My himble apologizes to TurboJorge

TurboJorge was partially correct in what he observed and I appologize for busting his ballbearings. I found out today that on a select few of the AMG E55 & AMG C43 (possibly the model turbojorge refers to) there is a switch to turn off the ALS. But only on the new model is it rumored you can powerbrake to turn off the ALS. There is no 1st gear on the gear indicators as they leave the line in 2nd unless you really get into it then it will drop down into 1st. This is all 2nd hand info from the master tech at the local benz dealer. I'm sorry for flying the B.S. flag too soon, over some misinterpreted vehichle I.D.

Re: My himble apologizes to TurboJorge

Originally posted by Chad Oliver
TurboJorge was partially correct in what he observed and I appologize for busting his ballbearings. I found out today that on a select few of the AMG E55 & AMG C43 (possibly the model turbojorge refers to) there is a switch to turn off the ALS. But only on the new model is it rumored you can powerbrake to turn off the ALS. There is no 1st gear on the gear indicators as they leave the line in 2nd unless you really get into it then it will drop down into 1st. This is all 2nd hand info from the master tech at the local benz dealer. I'm sorry for flying the B.S. flag too soon, over some misinterpreted vehichle I.D.

Takes a big man to back off and apologize when they are wrong. Some people on this board should be taking notes...

ok here is the deal on the benz....

1) they dont make a 430 compressor... They do however make a the fallowing...

CLK320, CLK 430, CLK55AMG

2) the tires will spinn on the car with the traction turned off. But the computer does still work.... So Yes you can power break the CLK430 as long as you start off slow then go wide open... also it helps to not turn... ;) Trust me i but a set a 285/30/19 off my 430 in huston last month at the blimp base ;)

3) the cars are not $41,000 my 98 model was $53,980.. for the 430.... the CLK55 start over $70K and have 345hp run low 13's some in the high 12's... a 430 runs in the 15's....

4) about the lights looking blue he probably had the light bulbs switched out... Xenon was/is a option on CLK's and a lot of people dont see the reason to pay the extra $2,000.00....

5) a compnay called Kleeman makes a blower for the Benz's that makes them hall some a$$ for a benz... I called about gettiong on for my 430 ... the power is bumped from 275, to 480, the only bad part is it cost $16,750... :( Actulley if im not mistaken they have the worlds fastest sedan..... did something like 335KMH which is halling but in MPH.... lol....

6) remocwen, where did you pull that from..... The big cars dont have the gears on the shifter. that would be a S class not a E class..... or are you talking about the new E & CLK for 03..... oh yea those are not out yet....

www.mbnz.org has all the benz crap you want to look at... most of it sucks but there is info there.....