Clicky comp lifters

I've got the fts 210-215 roller with gn1 aluminum heads, bought this cam 7 yrs ago. Would anybody know what lifters came with the cam? Trying to figure out what to set lash at with scorpions

Clicky comp lifters aren't any more clicky than any other lifter. 885 lifter has a certain noise to them but the standard 6853 is hard to tell from other lifters

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do also. Like said above with T&D rockers and proper lash they are not that bad.

I would think FTS could tell you what lifters came with that cam.

You don't have the receipt from when you bought them?

Up until recently I was using 885 lifters with harland sharpe rockers and a 212/212 roller. Definately had that sewing machine sound but didn't bother me. Just turn the stereo up ;).

I've been using for 8 years with zero issues. If you don't care for the sound get a stock setup.

Walter

I use a set of 885 lifters with stock rocker arms on a 206/206 cam, valvetrain is quiet, not even a little clicky...I do have valve springs with good deal of seat pressure.

My problem most likely is my Harland sharp rocker shafts with my roller rockers? I hear most guys say they just make noise

I the preload is right (most guys don't have enough) what you are hearing is the linkbars making noise

The cam set up in the cutlass came from another engine that the owner was complaining about the noise from the 853s. I set it up with proper preload, and it is quiet in the Cutlass. There is more noise than a flat tappet, but it is the link bar. Harland Sharp rockers make noise too. As long as everything is correct, and not wearing funny, or causing damage, i dont understand what the problem is with a little valve train tick.

Touch and go 5/8 of a turn will get you close with the roller rocker set-up is what I was told. Doesn't matter with my fresh build that I got running last Sunday, I have a collapsed lifter, it goes quiet eventually but sounds like shit when 1st started. When I get tired of hearing it and can figure out which one it is, I'll go back in and replace the bad one.

Chuck