cleaning intercooler

deez87

Hey guys, just wondering what's the best way to clean out a GRIMY stock intercooler. just took mine out and it's disgusting.thanx

Hey guys, just wondering what's the best way to clean out a GRIMY stock intercooler. just took mine out and it's disgusting.thanx

Kerosene. Two gallons. Use it on the inside and on the fins. I normally wash it from back to front. Rinse it out real good, be liberal with the it. Im sure carb cleaner would work, but I can get kerosene cheap here.

Rinse it with water really good and let it dry upside down. You could fill it with water and let it sit, as a way to check for leaks. Let it dry and give it a coat of paint. Try not to get too much on the fins. Now would be a good time to do a little porting to the inlet/outlet, or go to a Dutt neck.:smile:

Also inspect the IC fan and serp belt while its apart. It would also be a good time to upgrade/replace your couplers and clamps too.

Just my .02, and I hope this helps.

Right on scojack. I just cleaned the s@%t out of my ic. w/kerosene and it worked.just painted it tonight but forgot i'm taking it to get ported:tongue: thanks for the helpful tips!

You can use Kerosene or gas,that would be the way to go.I did mine last year,just remove the intercooler and fill it up with what your going to use and allow it to sit over night then just flush her out with water;)

two gallons of fuel shake it very well and let it sit for 10 minutes then poor out....done deal

Right on scojack. I just cleaned the s@%t out of my ic. w/kerosene and it worked.just painted it tonight but forgot i'm taking it to get ported:tongue: thanks for the helpful tips!

No problem. I actually ordered a Dutt neck for mine today, so we'll see how that goes. Also found a place locally that sells couplers and clamps. Im gonna call them tomorrow.