Clean up wiring under dash

^^^^ What he said.... That is exactly what I used. Chuck... You the man :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why not 2 new boxes, one 12V all the time and one IGN. Grab 12v from the batt/alt, then use a relay from a IGN source so you don't drain the batt for some stuff while you're in there.

Look at some of the jy harnesses. You will see snap in connectors for use in these ports. No need to use spade terminals, that can fall out... {As already mentioned.}
A new terminal in a jy connector, and it's pretty much failsafe.

Like the push in connectors in this pic?
Screen-Shot-2014-06-23-at-4.22.47-PM.png

I think you are over complicating something very simple :) If you want to over load the factory fuse panel that pulls it power for the fuseable links at the starter.....go ahead. Run a dedicated wire from 12v source...battery or back of alt...done. Use the factory fuse box for triggers to a relay if you really want to get fancy. You will need to still use the factory wires to tie in light on guages...can use LEDS very low draw and won't burn up the factory harness.

Maf T pro, scanmaster, few guages, powerlogger(uses ecm anyways), alky , wideband, will not over load the factory box IMO. Just add in line fuse to all individual circuits. Alky already has one built in.

Some of the ones you get from the junkyard are keyed for certain ports. I shave the key off an was able to used them in any of the ports

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All you need is the blade type connector, crimp or solder it on and plug into one of the cavities circled. Ign is for switched power and BAT is constant 12v.
ign.JPG

This is what I currently have. Too easy to pull those out. My engine imparts a good amount of vibrations with the Hr mounts and have already had a few smaller screws shake themselves loose. Plus I don't think my fuse block terminals have quite as good of tension as they did 27 years ago. Plus I just really like peace of mind and clean wiring..