Ck performance does it again

ponch

Well I just installed my promotional shift kit and all I can say is WOW. Before, I couldn't get that 1/2 firm shift that I desired and now...lets just say the first time out after I made sure everything was functioning fine and fluid levels checked out, I stretched its legs a bit. Now the 1/2 shift leaves a 6-8 foot mark and third squeaks out a chirp. When I first installed it and test drove I had to take about 2-3 clicks out of the TV adjustment but after that all is well, Nice firm part throttle shifts without the bang shift that I have heard others mention.
It took me about 3 hours to do myself and wasn't too bad. The only thing was when I was changing the Boost valve I removed the wrong valve and sat there and wondered how and the hell this really large boost valve was going to fit in this tiny hole. The valve that was supposed to be replaced is right about the gear selector notch thing? (not sure what it is called(Park pawl?)) for anyone else curious. The one I first removed was right above the TCC. Beside that it was easy to install..just a pain to keep the fluid out of your hair and armpits.

Well I just would like say say thanks to Chris for offering me this and being patient with me since I have had this for about two months before I was able to install.

Thank You CK performance!

Kevin

Hey Chris send it to me. I really like those griner brakes so will be more than glad to post results v/s the Griner. Just in time too. I have a 1200 HP 400 to build the week after BG.

congratulations on the gm hi tech article.its cool to be in the spotlight for the right reasons ,not as a feature on AMERICAS MOST WANTED .very respectable numbers i might add www.ckperformance.com.we just did a 9 second 383 ls1 from michigan .

Chris,
If you really need another one tested I can do it in my Chevelle. I have the TH400 I built with TransGo kit installed Auto/manual.
It currently gives pleasant shifts at low rpm but firm tire chirping shifts from 1-2 and 2-3.
It's a daily driven car and occasionally track driven, ~425 HP 427. Runs 12.94 in the 1/4.
What exactly do you need tested?

I can tell you how it responds etc..
You would have to let me know any specific tests you want done. I'll throw it in and drive it for a week or two though.
Let me know.