CK BILLET SERVO

Are you sure they are 2 piece units? I just recieved my billet servo and it is a 1 piece unit that came with 2 shim washers and a gasket. P/N 24RCC/BS. It is powdercoated black. The pictured instructions that came with the servo show a different servo (a 2 piece) in the picture than the one I actually recieved. The pictured one is raw aluminum and mine is powdercoated black.

P.s sorry, for bringing reopening this thread, I was going thru some old threads and across this one

I believe it was just redesigned. Search "there is a problem with every 200 4r' and read,the explaination lie there.

You guys are running a HD Intermediate Servo?

JOC, who is CK?

Many-Many years ago - I tried the Fairbanks Billett HD Servo Slide Assembly - and ended up removing it simply because it created such a radical shift when the Intermediate Band was applied.

The downshift via the servo was rather abrupt as well, and I knew it was a matter of time before something "broke" - like the Intermediate Retaining Pin - where the Band is retained to the trans case (under the valvebody).

JOC, who is CK?

Many-Many years ago - I tried the Fairbanks Billett HD Servo Slide Assembly - and ended up removing it simply because it created such a radical shift when the Intermediate Band was applied.

The downshift via the servo was rather abrupt as well, and I knew it was a matter of time before something "broke" - like the Intermediate Retaining Pin - where the Band is retained to the trans case (under the valvebody).
CK is a well known vendor in NY.

Fairbanks servo did it use the orginal cushion spring? Need to use the orginal cushion spring and set band clearence to .060 under the snap ring and both those issues should take care of themselves.

I believe it was just redesigned. Search "there is a problem with every 200 4r' and read,the explaination lie there.

Hi,
I found the thread on this site about the 200r4 problem. The concern was brought up by Chris718 of CK Performance Transmissions. He states that the servo pin drags against the band if you remove the inner spring or install a boost valve bigger than 0.471in. in the valve body. He solved this problem by replacing the stock Intermediate Servo Cushion Spring with a 10lb spring.

I purchased a Master Rebuild Kit (P/N 24RRK/C) from CK Performance Transmission that came with the Recalibration Shift Kit (P/N 24RSRK/A). I also purchased the Billet Intermediate Servo (24RCC/BS). The 10lb spring for the servo is included in the Recalibration Kit that I recieved. My question is about installation of the servo b/c the instructions have some issues and conflicts.

1) The Servo (i have recieved) is a 1pc design. The instructions on pg 2 say to "discard the servo cover, it will not be used for re-assembly". Then on pg 4, it says to "press in the servo cover and re-install the servo cover ring." So my question is, am i supposed to use the servo cover or not. I attached a picture of the Servo kit that i have.

P.S. I heard great things about the CK Peformance kits and everything looked very nice when i recieved it. I just have some questions about the servo installation b/c the instructions didnt look accurate once i reviewed them. In addition to the servo cover install conflicts in the instructions, the pictures in the instructions didnt look like the servo I had. The picture on the 1st page is a 2pc servo and the last 2 pages have a 1pc servo shown. That's why I am asking for help, thanks

Attachments

• IMG_4316.JPG
    IMG_4316.JPG
    456.9 KB · Views: 168
  • IMG_4317.JPG
    IMG_4317.JPG
    691.3 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG_4319.JPG
    IMG_4319.JPG
    588 KB · Views: 165
  • IMG_4320.JPG
    IMG_4320.JPG
    666 KB · Views: 177

JOC, who is CK?

hello again,
Ck is CK Performance Racing Transmissions in NY. I heard some great reviews about his kits from seraching the web and the turbo buick websites. At first I was going with the B&M or Art-Carr, but i was recommended to go with CK, especially for this Billet Servo. Check out the website if you need to:

http://ckperformance.com/resources/GM2004RCATALOG.html

wiseman said:
Are you sure they are 2 piece units? I just recieved my billet servo and it is a 1 piece unit that came with 2 shim washers and a gasket. P/N 24RCC/BS. It is powdercoated black. The pictured instructions that came with the servo show a different servo (a 2 piece) in the picture than the one I actually recieved. The pictured one is raw aluminum and mine is powdercoated black.

P.s sorry, for bringing reopening this thread, I was going thru some old threads and across this one

Blow air lightly in the center hole and it will separate them. A one piece servo wouldn't work.

Gotta call CK aka Chris on that one..looks like a new design servo he talked about.

Blow air lightly in the center hole and it will separate them. A one piece servo wouldn't work.
Yes they fit together very snug.There is no need to seperate them ,just follow the instructions.I am out of town ,will be back on Friday if you need additional information