Chis Chow's 2003 Season Video

wow, well put together! for a lot of still shots that is a killer video, thanks for posting it.

an other nice one to add to my collection!

Dathan

Very cool vid!

I think it's safe to say Chris had a very good and successful year of racing........

Let's see if 2004 is as good or better (maybe we'll see the first stock suspension G-body in the 7's):D

Thanks for the positive comments.
I want to put my WE-4 in the sevens!

There are a couple of things I need to do for 2004...
spool
front runners
replace stock power steering box with a full manual unit.

Take care, hope everyone has a safe and Happy New Year!

Chris, i have a couple questions for you,

a friend, who dosent even have a buick, but insistes he knows everything about your car, says that your running a new motor in the car, and you are in the 6's. i insisted 8.60's but he went on to tell me that i was an idiot and that Chris Chows 'Grand National' is a 6 second car.

actually, heres the message directly from the kid:

Chris changed the motor to another SB, It's Bob Reigers old motor out of is S10, bob was running 6.60s(low 6.70s consistantly with a 6.65 at an NMCA race in WI) with it, I think chris's best with it was a 6.9x.. I've only seen him personally run a 7.30 at sac(he ran lower that night but I was in the pits and missed it). That dyno is with Bob's motor in it @ 15psi.

so, can you straighten this out, so i can tell him if he's right, or wrong, hearing it straight from the man him self?

thanks

Originally posted by Vendor Defendor
Chris, i have a couple questions for you,

a friend, who dosent even have a buick, but insistes he knows everything about your car, says that your running a new motor in the car, and you are in the 6's. i insisted 8.60's but he went on to tell me that i was an idiot and that Chris Chows 'Grand National' is a 6 second car.

actually, heres the message directly from the kid:

so, can you straighten this out, so i can tell him if he's right, or wrong, hearing it straight from the man him self?

thanks

Neil, the fastest Chris's car has run so far is 8.39 @166mph (as it says in his sig)..... It is currently the World's quickest stock suspension G-body...... Running 6's or even low 7's with a stock suspension car that weighs around 3600lbs on 10.5 X 28" tires would be a bit difficult:eek: :D He is right about the motor being Bob Rieger's old motor (as far as I know it was in Bob's tube frame S10).... The motor is a Duttweiler built 390ci SBC with twin 76's and from what I was told it did make 1800hp on Duttweiler's dyno...... Chris's car is on Wolfe Racecraft's website www.wolferacecraft.com :cool: :)