chip question

ABLACK6

years ago i had full throttle build me a chip for my buick grand national, i havent drove it since new chip till yesterday but i got 1 question, if i get e85 system put on car, can i ever use 90 octane or regular gas? ive seen different answers to that on google. i just want to know just in case E85 goes away etc.

If you want to be able to do that you need a flex fuel sensor or a ethanol sensor that you would install in your fuel line that reads the ethanol content. It would adjust your timing and fuel per the content of the fuel. I’m running a sd2 chip that allows me to do exactly that .

I’ve been in situations where I’ve run out of E85 and had to put 93 in mine. I didn’t beat on it and it ran fine. In a emergency you can get by but if you were to decide to stop using E85 (and I doubt you would) you would want to use a different chip that was burned for the fuel you’re using.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you wanted you could have 2 different chips burnt so you could switch between the 2 . You would just have to make sure you had the tank completely empty before switching chips

You can also get a thumbwheel chip setup. One program for e85, one for 93. I am doing this. Just need to turn boost down when on 93. This will work until I get Ecu-gen and s flex fuel sensor.

I’ve been in situations where I’ve run out of E85 and had to put 93 in mine. I didn’t beat on it and it ran fine. In a emergency you can get by but if you were to decide to stop using E85 (and I doubt you would) you would want to use a different chip that was burned for the fuel you’re using.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you!