china made headers-will they fit OE dn pipe ?

turbojack

I`m installing my new engine and decieded to use the "made in china" SS headers that I bought awhile back on e-bay. I heard of fitment problems with them and was wondering if that might be due to the fact that they are copys of the ATR headers thus the OE dn pipe wont fit.I need to know if say a 3" dp from RJC with waste gate puck would fit these headers or do I have to get a ATR specific dp to fit these chinease headers? If somebody out there who has used em,do they fit or what needs to be done to make em fit? I know I need to get down out of the garage rafters and mock em up on the eng while its on the stand,but for starters I thought I`d start with some input from people who have been there,and done that.Man,these things are real nice looking,welded on ports inside and out,and for only $170 a copy,I can fix a lot of mistakes and still come out ahead,,so --let me know your chinease header install storys-----

search ebay headers , theres a huge thread a few years back

no oe pipe wont fit
, being atr copies they need a pipe that swings out enough to clear atr headers

no the fitment issue isnt just downpipe its the holes to bolt it in , the port fit , the crossover , the flanges and they crack ,
they may look like they will fit but the flanges arent right and the leaks will ruin any spoolup
hope you can weld

headers

There junk at best.After you ream the bolt holes to try and align the exhaust ports you will have to fight the crossover.I took my engine on a engine stand to a custom exhaust shop and told them fix it.they lasted about Weeks and started leaking i was so embarrass to drive the car with the exhaust sounding that way I parked it till i can buy a good set.There's this loud ringing in my ears from the members here should have listened we told you so LOL!

ching chong

ill chime in .had a set on a car this summer . leaks leaks leaks .. i took them off and got them so hot they almost melted and dumped them into a tire dunk tank cut the turbo mount of the pas side [it sat to high] lowering it about an half inch ported the flanges then mounted them on coppers bonded everything and they still leaked .. no im my pile of reminders of what not to buy .. the other problems these things create cant be seen on the engine stand

Thank you for the heads up on these headers!

My Daddy told me a long time ago, "Son, there are just too many mistakes a man can make during his life. Sometimes we have to learn from other people's pain." This seems like a good place to put that advice to use.

Richard Clark has cut some of them apart. As others have stated they are ones to avoid at all costs....may look pretty but fit and internal passages are not what you want!

Our company as well as several others sell the new stock replacement TA headers if indeed you do not have stock headers.

TA Performance is behind them and have made many parts for the Buicks over the years. Made in the USA also.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

thanks for the input guys,sounds like I wont even try to fix em,I got better things to do like making enough money at work to buy a good set that fit ! I`ll just keep on using my old stock dependables for now---I wonder how many of us got burned on that one

Sell those chinese headers and put the money towards ceramic coating the stock headers. I've seen a few sets in person and it's waaay better than lookin at crusty ones:cool:

the only good thing outta china is the food,(sometimes)...

I wonder how many of us got burned on that one

sorry I don't understand how you can say you got burnt. It's a $170 for a set of SS headers !!!! (pay peanuts ya get monkeys:biggrin:) BUT You said you didn't mind doin some fab work to them ..?? Why can't ya make em fit your downpipe ??

,,Oh TA does make SS headers to.

I really like the design of these headers with the interlocking V-clamp style flanges and the slip in design of the crossover pipe.They even welded in 2 bungs on the pass header so you can run a EGT probe without relocating the stock O2 sensor to the DP that some do.You can get them in 304 stainless steel and I believe they are made in the USA.They are more expensive than most but like the saying goes "you get what you pay for".

Turbo V6 Headers, 3 Bolt, Stainless Steel Turbo V6 Headers, TA_V2010CH-SS | TAPerformance.com