China Headers

With the opinion of a Respectable member, I've decided to inform all the members I will be the Master Distributor for SPX-7 products.

I have emailed SGRIM to please send me information to be a supporting vendor and pay the associated fees within the site and am awaiting his response. I hope to be a valued member should any one have any question or concerns, please feel free to contact me at your convenience at the following email or phone number.:biggrin:

samballs1@rgv.rr.com
956-341-6360

Sam

WOW! What would we all do WITHOUT the internet?

Well, with corrections being made and having someone watching exactly what goes out and making sure it fits to specs it would be a good product right? - That's what goingt to happen! That's what the future is going to be for this product!

That's what I like to hear! If the product fits, performs better and outlasts the stock units it will be a GREAT product for the price but it will remain to be proven.

wow.. that what i call service...

nice job Sam... i will be heading to the Rio Grand Valley to meet up with you soon at " South Texas Dyno"

WOW! What would we all do WITHOUT the internet?

That's what I like to hear! If the product fits, performs better and outlasts the stock units it will be a GREAT product for the price but it will remain to be proven.

Actually plan for the near future include but are not limited too getting my car on the dyno with the stock headers then replace headers with new SPX-7 headers and pull same dyno run and see performance gains. I will post the info within the site to give number actual numbers. (Actual Dyno sheet if possible)

Why do you have such a problem with this guy??? If you dont like them Dont Buy Them & buy Nick"s? Altho, the way you talk you must have at least one set of his already?? Or do you even have a set of Nick's??

If you have read my post (see post #103), it was me that I posted a pics of the TA Headers (they're mine and in my possession).

To make it simple for you, since you want to know

- Yes I have a set of 4 bolt flange TA Headers

- Yes I also have a set of 3 bolt flange Burhead Headers (anyone that wants to see some pics of those headers, just ask)

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Can i see pics of the burhead headers please .

Sorry about the pic quality, they were taken with my cell phone.

The crossover pipe is a one piece deal with the Burhead. TA Headers are two piece with a slip joint inside a slip joint. This make them fit the on-center motors.

If you notice, some of the bolt holes are obstructed with the pipes thus making them not accessible with a socket, only with a wrench.

Nick modified the headers so they are accessible with a socket. Also he modified the passenger side header.

The Burhead Headers did not include any gaskets at the V-Band joints while TA provides them. Yes, the TA gaskets work with the Burhead.

Not pictured here are pics from the exhaust side. The headers were used and have carbon on them thus making anything not visible. The welds around the flanges are from the outside. When Burhead made the passenger side header, the individual exhaust tube stuck in the main body about 1/4"-3/8" that I ground flush inside.

Therse headers were ran for 3 years with no cracks. Don't mind the header coating that's coming off, it was put on by a local company

Last time I spoke with Burhead, he had cancer. Anyone have any updates on him. Also he's from Kentucky and went to BG to spectate.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Attachments

• 0726071626.jpg
    0726071626.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 509
  • 0726071626a.jpg
    0726071626a.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 505
  • 0726071626b.jpg
    0726071626b.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 504
Thanx 4 the pics Billy. TA's look way better...but the price has to come down a little !!!

I am a member on several forums. I am very supprised to see that these threads have not been locked by a mod. The real facts are that everyone is entitled to their opinion. I personally would not by a set of these (Chinese)headers while others may.
The fact that someone is
1) Allowing the bashing of a member/paying vendor is imo not cool. ( Yes I understand the right of freedom of speech.)
2) The fact that someone has been promoting a product that is not a paying(or sold by a paying) vendor imo is also not cool.
This alone on other forums is grounds for a lock and in some cases being banned from the site.
I think we can all agree that the people who want to buy the T/A Nick Micale design will continue to do so. Those who want to buy the less expensive set will also continue to do so.

I have been around cars for most of my life. Longer than some and not as long as others. I can assure you that I have spent a lot of time and money in R&D and just plain fun,again a lot more than some but not as much as others.

I truly hope that the mods take a good look at what is going on on the site and resolve the issues. This is a great forum and small community. As time goes on there will be less and less of these wounderful machines. With all of this arguing I can understand that others may not want to continue to develop new products. Then sooner than you may think there will be $1000 headers coming from China.

Sorry I was unaware. Most vendors have some sort of reference on their posts to whom they are associated with. Still the thread s/b locked imo.

Us TurboBuick owners have NEVER been able to all get along thus why we have 3 messageboards for such a small community. That will never change and I can't figure out why. We are a stubborn bunch!

Us TurboBuick owners have NEVER been able to all get along thus why we have 3 messageboards for such a small community. That will never change and I can't figure out why. We are a stubborn bunch!

Uppity too. :p

I just wish we could put the whole China *.* thing to bed, we've exhausted the subject.