chin spoiler?

turbobuick87gn

still learning
i bought a 87 grand national without the front bumper and all the body filler and everything off the front. i was wondering how the chin spoiler is suppose to mount? if you have any pictures or anything that would help would be highly appreciated.................................brett

Even though I don't have any pictures to post, I do remember that the spoiler is bolted to the bumper's lower flange and there are clips securing it to the narrow edge under the front fenders. There are also two metal screws fastening each end of the center piece under the radiator support.
Hope this helps...

Claude. :wink:

does it matter if the front bumper is a fiberglass bumper front gbodyparts. i haven't been able to put anything on yet because i'm still waiting on my mounts......brett

i bought a 87 grand national without the front bumper and all the body filler and everything off the front. i was wondering how the chin spoiler is suppose to mount? if you have any pictures or anything that would help would be highly appreciated.................................brett

by chin spoiler do you mean the long piece that is full car width or the L/R air dams------it seems to me that you mean the long piece------if so there are a pair of intermediate plastic blocks that go between the radiator support and the "chin"------if you mean the L/R air dams that wrap the front corners they bolt to the bottom of the front bumper and to the bottoms of each front fender..........RC

does it matter if the front bumper is a fiberglass bumper front gbodyparts. i haven't been able to put anything on yet because i'm still waiting on my mounts......brett

No problem in mounting them under a fiberglass bumper as that's what I have!...:wink: It just installs the same way as on a stock bumper...

Claude. :)