chicagoland tune?

spoolinV6

Car hasn't been on a good tune in a while...figured with spring coming up why the hell not. Unfortunately, I just don't have the time to be working on her right now :( Any good tuners in the Chicagoland area that at least have some general knowledge working on these cars? I'm looking to get the most I can outta her with what I have listed in my sig.

x5, but I don't think he wants to wrench much this summer....doesn't hurt to drop him a PM though and see what he says. He got a little fed up last year with people not wanting to pay for the work when it was done :rolleyes: Those azz clowns may have ruined it for the rest of us :mad:

He may have a change of heart. He may had you a bill that stops your heart for a second. It's what happens when you deal with an honest mechanic and an expensive hobby. He will point it all out to you and warn you that it could go up after work begins. The price he charges per hour can't be beat with his skill and ability out of one spot. I hate to say it but TurboBuRick is the only person who has put an honest effort into working on the TRs and making owners happy in the area. Also stands behind his work. He isn't out to sell you parts you don't want, need, or know how to use. Nothing is simple on a 25 year old car. Stuff happens! Most of the people just honestly do not understand these cars. The are not Mustangs, Camaros, or Corvettes, nor are they 70's carbed muscle cars. They require a different train of thought when it comes to making them perform. They are known to be fast... when running properly.

Out to the garage I go to play with another car for a few hours....:biggrin:

I have to say it took him longer then I thought on my car....But when you have a bunch of chit wrong and a person with A+ craftsmanship stuff takes time. I have zero problem paying the bill when Rick has his hands on my car. I hope to have half his knowledge some day. And his rate is half a real shop! It's win all over the place when he gets your car. All hail Rick the Buick god :biggrin:

I hate to say it but TurboBuRick is the only person who has put an honest effort into working on the TRs and making owners happy in the area. Also stands behind his work. He isn't out to sell you parts you don't want, need, or know how to use.

I agree but have to add there is one other guy in the area that has been working on peoples cars for a LONG time and is a great guy like Rick. Dennis B. of Pro Trac turbo in Elwood (Joliet) has been a good friend for about 10 years now and has done a ton of work on a lot of local cars.

I first had him do a rear main seal job my senior year of high school back in 01-02. After talking to a few people in the Chicagoland club, I found out he charged me less than his normal rate knowing I was a HS kid making $9/hr.

Rick's a good & honest guy. He's pointed me in the right direction many times with my GN. And he knows his stuff.

This post is a bit misleading..

Not sure what wrenching needs to be done for a tune??

I'm in Gurnee and I'm FREE.. :biggrin:

PM me if you need help...