Chicagoland March Meeting

Turbo Loyd

Meeting & Technical Session
Sunday; March 10, 2002; doors open @ 10:00 am
ANS Performance & Engineering
2900 Soffel Avenue
Melrose Park, IL 60160
Our third Meeting for 2002 will be at ANS Performance and Engineering in Melrose Park, IL and will feature our second annual Chili Cookoff. We had a great time with this last year as there were 8 entrants, bringing excellent samples of the craft. I’m sure it will be very difficult again this year deciding who the winners are. We are presenting gift certificates to the winners again.
Pete Barton will host our session at his great facility. ANS has provided service for Turbo Regal owners since 1987, including sales, service and installation. ANS provides general maintenance and performance upgrades for mild street through all out racecars. In the course of the meeting and technical session members will have ample time to look around and ask questions.
Our Technical Session will feature Paul Ferry with HRpartsNstuff who many of our members met at the GS Nationals and the Midwest Challenge. Their products for Turbo Regals and Gran Sports include the polyurethane motor mounts, rear control arms, transmission mounts, differential pullers, rear control arm boxing kits, and much more. This again should be a very informative session, covering any aspect of Buick Performance the audience wants to know.
Mike Phillips owner of Automotive Machine & Performance in Owensboro, KY will cover all aspects of building high performance Buick engines. Mike was a featured speaker at our January 2000 meeting and the 1999 Nationals - GS Technical Session. His knowledge of the machining, head porting and assembly of engines is extensive. If you are planning to freshen up your engine, need help selecting a camshaft or contemplating some head work you should not miss this session.
This will be a great session for our club members and guests. Our regular business meeting will start at 11:00 am just before the technical session.Please bring chairs for the Meeting and Technical session.

Club meetings

I would suggest joining. Its dues go towards news letters and the free christmas party!!! Plus we always have some pretty interesting guest speakers usually there. And I always love the one on one with these individuals. Just like the meeting we just had which included Paul and associates. And Mike from AMP. And most importantly is Pete Barton who ever has been so accommodating by opening up his shop to us plus all the bench racing. I know I always have a good time. And check out the web site. http://chicagolandbuick.org/. I know that there a lot of us that are on this board from the club.

Steve:) :D :)