Chicago Area tuning?

87we4turbo

Hey guys, Ive been looking around for a place to tune my 87 ttype in the chicago area.
I either get nothing but a machine and none of my calls returned, or they say they don't have the proper equipment.
Any suggestions on where to take it?
She is a beast waiting to be unleashed!

Thanks

Hey guys, Ive been looking around for a place to tune my 87 ttype in the chicago area.
I either get nothing but a machine and none of my calls returned, or they say they don't have the proper equipment.
Any suggestions on where to take it?
She is a beast waiting to be unleashed!

Thanks

The best way is to tune your car yourself. Get a powerlogger and a wideband o2 sensor and talk to the local Buick club members and local people here on the board. Post logs and you will begin the education process. Your first assignment is to add to your signature what car you own and the modifications from stock. My 2 cents. Brad

I do like hearing 'Do it yourself. I'll look into the powerlogger and wideband, thanks Brad.

Rafs I'm in the NW burbs, but I wouldn't mind knowing of good shop to bring it too for future reference. My only goal right now is to get it running better, and not have to worry so much about knock. I'm still a noobie when it comes to turbo buicks, but I have the car of my dreams and a freshly built block.. :)

Where in NW suburbs? I'm in Buffalo Grove. There are a few good guys that can help you out.

I'm right down the street in Palatine. Any help would be greatly appreciated, she run's pretty good when you cruise but anytime you wanna get on her I get knock readings. So I have the boost set low and haven't been driving it too much.
Thanks, Casey

Sound Performance - Near O'Hare
Prasad at the Turbo Farm - West side
Dennis at ProTrac Turbo Specialties - Southwest side

And maybe me, if I can find time.

Definitely join the chicagoland buick GSCA and attend the club meetings, tech sessions, and track events. There are a lot of guys there that can help.

Is there a website or contact information for the Turbo Farm? I cant seem to find anything online for some reason.
Thanks

Is there a website or contact information for the Turbo Farm? I cant seem to find anything online for some reason.
Thanks
No not really... Contact wikedv6 here. It's more like a "gig", or a "thing", LOL.... something like that.

Yea dude prasad is great, hell help u out wickedv6, even tho there the rumor about him getting nailed :)..hes got my car runing great.

YUP, Prasad is the MAN! The Farm is a clique of guys that have GNs, and that's all they do, they are subject matter experts.
Hell, without him and the Farm, my GN wouldn't be where it's at.

I'll text him amd let him know your looking for him.

Prasad, hope I'm not gripping your nuts too tight!:)

I had to get in on this I'm also a newbie to the Buick Turbo game and trying to figure this car out is driving me crazy need a good tune for my baby it's the car of my dreams that turned in to a nightmare I'm in the south Chicago land area thanks

Prasad is the man. He's helped walk me through a couple issues already as well. Always was willing to help. I'm out of Streamwood. Just picked up my T this last February. Good to see more Buicks in the area.

How the hell did I miss this post?

Thanks guys for all of your kind words...you know it's just a passion thing for me.

Mr. BEATAV8 is the official master batter, I mean master tuner. He gets the most out with little as possible. Like someone stated earlier, you are your best tuner. Having a scan tool is your number one priority. We are all here to help you. Once you understand where your parameters for all of your sensor reading should be and if it’s not where it should be, find out why and fix any issues. Once you do that you can try to run the most boost/timing combo without knocking once again looking for the correct O2 reading and so on. Some cars like more boost and less timing and some cars like less boost and more timing . You just have to find the middle ground. It’s not hard just timing consuming.

As you guys know, most people are going to E85, there is so much power to be had there and you can't get the car to knock with crazy boost. There is more than one way to skin a cat. It's just how far you are willing to push the envelope.

Jason (Jazjamz) here also is great with tuning and helping out local Buick brothers. He is in Hillside area I think.

I can be reached at Wikedv6@hotmail.com or 630-965-1987.

P.S. I am on vacation this coming week and I will be staying off the phone to keep the wife happy but other than that you can call me, drop an email or a PM here and I will get back to you.

Prasad

I'd watch out for Prasad, I heard he is on the look out for more "white gardener's," since I'm officially retired.:p He only wants to pay with butt sex too, thats why I quite right away!!!:D He needs to buy a goat.

I'd watch out for Prasad, I heard he is on the look out for more "white gardener's," since I'm officially retired.:p He only wants to pay with butt sex too, thats why I quite right away!!!:D He needs to buy a goat.

LMFAO!
Jeremy please do tell about the Goat as I live in IL .... We are not into beastiality lol!

LMFAO!
Jeremy please do tell about the Goat as I live in IL .... We are not into beastiality lol!

Always thinking sick minded!!!

Sick minded see "He needs to buy a goat" as "hmmmm......that would be fun to have sex with!"

Normal minded guy like myself see "He needs to buy a goat" as "hmmmm......that would be a great way to mow the lawn so I dont have to hire white boys!":D:p

Always thinking sick minded!!!

Sick minded see "He needs to buy a goat" as "hmmmm......that would be fun to have sex with!"

Normal minded guy like myself see "He needs to buy a goat" as "hmmmm......that would be a great way to mow the lawn so I dont have to hire white boys!":D:p

Q: What's black and blue all over, malnourished, and really hates gay sex?

A: The adolescent Asian boy in the trunk of Prasad's GN!

OK this thread has officially gone down the toilet.....

BEATAV8 said:
Q: What's black and blue all over, malnourished, and really hates gay sex?

A: The adolescent Asian boy in the trunk of Prasad's GN!

OK this thread has officially gone down the toilet.....

Lmaf...