Chevy Sales Guys: I'm Buying New 2004 Silverado And Need Advice

Epitome

Staff member
I'm buying a new 2004 Silverado Z71 Extended Cab 4x4. With the options I've chosen the full sticker price is 32,532 and Cars.com says the invoice price is 28,566. Before any rebates or financing incentives, what is a good deal? Some people have said it is possible to get invoice before any incentives. Is this realistic? Thanks ahead of time, I just don't want to get ripped. :)

I posted this same thing over on Pickuptrucks.com and a guy just bought almost the exact same truck and actually optioned it to 1,000 more than mine and claims to have paid: "$25,711. Sticker was $33,650 as ordered. Plus tax and license AND 60/100 extended warrenty."
'04 Chevy Z71 Ext Cab SB 5.3L 4.10

Is this possible?

Are you eligible for the GM Supplier Discount? That helps alot. My '03 Avalanche had an MSRP of $31k. After GMS discount and factory incentives (which are higher for GMS customers) I was out the door for $25,500.

www.gmsupplierdiscount.com

There may be some other way to get it down that low but I'm not aware of it.

i get the supplier discount, saved me 3500 on my 2003. then i got the rebate and they wouldn't even throw in a trailer hitch or anything after that.

Hey,

Guys, there's also the GM credit card. It takes some time to build up credit but the more money you spend the more credit toward a new Chevy you earn. I've had mine for a couple years and earned $1500 credit. A family member of mine did. He talked them down as much as they would go and then threw the GM credit at them and they had to take it. they weren't to happy but they couldn't so no. I'm saving for a new Silverado also. I'm currently the second owner of an '89 1500 with 270,000. Motor and tranny was rebuilt at 210,000 and the truck still drives great.

Good luck,
Chuck

you cannot use the gm credit card points with the supplier discount, we tried that on my wifes trailblazer

you cannot use the gm credit card points with the supplier discount, we tried that on my wifes trailblazer

With the GMS discount you can only use the GM extended family card which gives you 1% earnings as opposed to the 5% you can get with the regular GM card. This is a new policy that started this summer.

Hmmm, how strange. I bought a new Silverado 2500HD with GMS and the 5% GM Card discount on my old GM Card. This was just about 1 yr ago.

Yeah I wasn't too happy about it either because they cut my earnings from 1500 to 300 overnight in August! Sorry to hijack this thread by the way....

Have you checked out www.carsdirect.com ? You can select what options you want and it will give you the msrp, invoice and the carsdirect price which i'm guessing is for a participating dealer in your area.

So? Before any incentives how much off the sticker would be a good deal right now? $2000 off $3000 off $4000 of.....What number constitutes a great deal? The sticker on this truck is 32,532 and invoice is 28,566. I know this question will be better answered by guys at the dealerships. Thanks :)

I bought an 03 GMC Sierra last fall. Got the GMSD ($3500), a rebate ($1000 at the time, I think it's $2000 now) AND a conversion customer discount ($500). The conversion discount, or whatever it's called, is for customers who own another make and buy a GM vehicle. I provided them a copy of the title of my 1942 Ford and they took it no problem.

I got local financing for 4.25% in lieu of the 0% financing.

FWIW, when I was shopping, I called the local Ford and Dodge dealerships and they were all willing to meet those same deals. I just got a better trade in on my 99 Silverado from the GMS dealership and I really like the truck.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that this particular truck had to be located. It actually came from Wisconsin (I live in central IL).

Make your best deal as though you did NOT have any discounts or rebates. Then whip out the discount stuff to the sales mgr at the end.

Psychologically, I think many consumers will get "soft" and overpay, thinking "hey, I get a $2000 rebate anyway". And a good salesguy will prey on that psychological weakness.

There's a practical reason also. Sales tax and registration fees are paid on the vehicle cost BEFORE rebate, and NOT on the discounted price.

That can add up to 100's of $$ upfront, plus annual vehicle license fees that are forever higher.

Always get the best $$ price you can upfront, BEFORE any rebates!!

if you have not bought yet let me know and I can put you in contact with a broker.....I just got a ram 1500 Hemi SLT for $24k then had to pay FL sales tax and shipping costs....:D

Ted, my dad got one that stickered for $44k for $37k and 0%. Lemme know if you want me to try my dealer, He gives me great deals all the time.,