Buying a new truck....need help.

v8eater

I'm $oooo broke..
Getting ready to purchase a new truck truck and needed a little advise.
2004 Chevy Silverado Work Truck with 5.3 V8 and Towing package along with A/C. Nothing else, just a plain jane work truck.
NADA, Edmunds, and Kelly Blue Book all price this truck with a MSRP at $23530 and an INVOICE of $21238. The truck comes with a REBATE of $5000.
I have a price of $16238(Invoice minus Rebate) plus taxes that I would pay for the truck. The dealer is stuck at $17600. I can't see him making a $1400 profit and I haven't even started to consider the Dealer Holdback of 3% and other crap.
Am I somehow wrong with the way I'm thinking or my figures?
Are there any fellow Buick guys that wheel and deal on a regular bases that could help?

Thanks Guys, James L.

new truck

I just bought a 2004 silverado, went to 4 different dealers before one actually wanted to sell a truck.
My advise, seek another dealer!
My trk window sticker'd at 29,940, I put 3500 down, and financed 18,500, so they will deal !
mine is 1500 LS, 2wd extra cab, 5.3 auto, tow pkg( must have !!!)
the only add, was light duty power pkg, for 1525,
but then they give you 1000 back ( preferred equip savings)
plus all rebates/discounts, even gave me a prefered customer credit( $1000)
good luck
cruzn57

Man I should have waited a few months to buy. Back in February I bought an '04 Silverado LS, tow package, 5.3 motor. Sticker was $29600. I got $4000 off sticker plus the $2500 rebate at the time. Wound up getting $8600 for my old Tacoma as a trade in. Seemed like a good deal at the time.

Wish I had waited a few months. Damn, who would have thought the rebate would DOUBLE from $2500 to $5000? :(

I guess the good thing was that my Tacoma needed about a $1000 bucks in work at the time, and if I had waited until now it would have been valued lower in the Blue Book so I wouldn't have gotten as much for it. Like the old saying goes, there is no free lunch. :)