I'm buying GNX 137!!!!!

georgewe4

Hey!!!! Not really. I don't think so. I have been in contact with the guy that has posted that car on e-bay. Here are my e-mails and his responses. It gets a little long so go use the restroom before reading this one.

I wrote.
Hello,
I'll buy the GNX. I want to make sure this is the real deal. How long have you had the car? Why are you selling the car? Is these recent and up to date pictures of how the car looks at this point and time? Has the car been wrecked or damaged? Condition of the car? The buy it now price is 5,900.00. That will work for me. Please contact me at this e-mail address and we can go from there. I have cash in hand. I am in Ohio. Where are you located?
Thank you.

Within an hour he responds.

Hello,
I`m glad that you´re interested in my 1987 BUICK Grand National
Let me tell you all about this deal.
Details about the car :
The car is accurate. It has no scratches, no damages, no hidden defects. Kept it in a warm garage. It comes with all the documents needed for registration in US, it has a clear title issued in US and it can be registred into your name at any time without any problem. The pictures are made by me, and are recently.
Price:
The buy it now price is US $5,900.00. This buy now price include the shipping and insurence fees.
I´m in Zagreb,Croatia and the car is here as well and so this is where the car will be shipped from ( for local buyers or for cash payments vehicle inspection / pick up is also available at anytime during 10:00AM - 17:00PM ).
Shipping:
I've done some research and the best and fastest way I can ship it is using Croatia Cargo Shipping GmbH which takes between 5 to 7 days to arrive at your door (door to door handling and shipping insurance fee included).
The most important thing in all my activity here is that I am affiliated with Ebay Motors where I have a purchase protection account for $ 20,000.00.
How will Ebay Motors protect your purchase ?
This service alows us to complete this transaction in a manner that is quick and safe for both of us. It acts as a third part between seller and buyer to insure that both parties comply to transaction requirements and provides dispute resolution and mediation between parties. Ebay Motors is responsible to insure that both parties comply to transaction requirements, both parties must submit proof of payment/delivery presented in a legal form (payment/delivery receipt) by the registered payment/delivery service used.
To initiate a new transaction case at Ebay Motors I need your complete name and address, please provide me with your full name and address, and we will complete this deal safe and quick
Best Regards,

I respond
Hello Terry,
Sounds good. I was wanting to get aq little more info about the EBAY motors purchase protection account. I went to look up the car again and it is not listed. Can you help with that. Did you sell it?
Georhe

Again within an hour

Hi ,
The car is still for sale, however i have stop the listing because i have find en customer who was exactly what i wanted for my car but in this moment i m a little sceptical regarding him.So if u r interested about the car i think we must start the business.
To initiate a new transaction case at Ebay Motors I need your complete name and address, please provide me with your full name and address, and we will complete this deal safe and quick. The car will be shipped crated by Croatia Cargo Shipping GmbH , this is a door to door delivery service not coast to coast so the car will arrive at your address, you won't have to worry about picking it up from a dock. The car will be shipped as a gift for a friend (similar to a donation) which means that it has no comercial value so its tax free. So the total price for this deal will be $5900. After I receive your name and address, I will initiate a new transaction case at Ebay Motors (thrid part) and they will contact you with the details of this transaction.
Regards,
Terry Hans
I respond

Terry, I am still interested in the car. You have to understand I am being very careful here. You are in another country. Where was the pictures of the car taken? Was it over here in the states and then you moved or what? Are those pictures taken in the states? Also I want to be sure that this is not a GNX clone. It has all of the suspension components and everything it should? I had a close friend that had a GNX, so I know a little about them.I would like the VIN number for the car. The picture of the RPO sticker is not very clear. In my first e-mail I asked how you obtained the car. Where did you obtain the car? Also do you know what this car is worth???? WHY are you selling it so cheap? How is payment transferred? Credit card or what? I am afraid of paying for something and not receiving it. I can't blow 5900.00. This would be an investment for my son thatwould be put in my garage with my other Buick. I can't loose 5900.00 My son has medical problems that is costing us quite a bit and I must be verycareful. This would be an answer to prayer as a great investment that would be taken care of. I am very nervous. How can e-bay be involved if the car is no longer listed? I would love to talk to you in person and get this thing really going if that would work for you. I don't care about long distance or anything like that. I'm an honest guy sitting here in my living room with my son and wife. I don't know you and you don't know me. So tell me what I asked in the first e-mail. And why you are selling it so cheap including shipping? What is the catch? I must know. They always say if a deal is too good to be true it probably is. My luck isn't this good!!!
Thanks George

Within 15 min!

Hi,
I m verry glad that u know allready about this car and how u can take care of it....this is the first reason for what i m selling the car so cheap...because not all the person who really wants this car affored to buy it and to have it in the garage.
The car have been to my father and he was the only owner for it but he also take care of it like en other son of him....but my father have pasted away a few months ago and how u can see i m not such a good onwer like my father have been but the last thing that my father asked was to sell the car to someone that know how to take care and play attentione at all that she need.
If u really r interested and if u really want this car please send me ur full name and ur full adress and i will start the case transactione and like that u will find all teh details that u need about payment and me.

Regards,
Terry Hans
Again I respond

Terry, I appreciate the kind words and that you know I will take care of the car. I would. All of my questions wasn't answered though. Please read my e-mails. It is important that my questions be answered. Please. Also how will payment be made?
Thanks Again

He responds again within 15 min

Hi again,

I m verry sorry if i didnt answer to the all questiones i m a little tired.
The VIN Number: 1G4GJ1174HP446535
And yes i know how much cost this car and u know why i m selling it so cheap.
About the payment would u like u to give me ur full name and ur full adress like that u will be contacted by EBay Motors and will be more easy for both of uss.
Sorry again if i m not answeringu to all the questiones.

Regards,
Terry

He had a little trouble spelling that last e-mail.....Same person??
So I respond and add a little twist

I'm a little worried about our address. We have moved and our address has changed. Plus the little town we live in is not up with the times. Its 2006 and you would thing it was 1920 when most people went to the post office to get their mail. We have a post office box only at our new address. Our shouse has a street number but there are only 2 jouses on our "street" Our street does not exist in any map that is published. The previous owners of the house told us we would have great problems trying to get things shipped to our house. They suggest using like my work address or a friend. It would suck having a car wondering around when NO ONE seems to be able to find our house. My father is a lawyer and may be able to help us out with the transaction. I tlkaed to him a little while ago and his college buddy happens to live where you are located. Thats pretty cool huh? He teaches at the college there and he owes my dad a few favors. He could probably go ahead and pay you for the car and take it directly from you. Cash deal and you hand over the keys. He could then worry about getting the car to me since of this address situation. What do you think? Dad said he could call him if we can do it that way. I think it would work out great. Be a lot easier on you thats for sure, since he is living there now. I know he has the cash! He knows we would pay it right back so that shouldn't be a problem.
Let me know

Again like clock work he writes

Hi again,
Sounds good i just have to know exactly in what day he can come and see the car and where we can meet i give u my adress because he must knwo exactly where i m located and if he can come in here.
My adress:
Terry Hans
Trnava 198
Zagreb 10177

SOOOO I write
Hi again.
Man the e-mails are flying between us. My dad said he would contact him tomorrow morning. I don't see this being a problem.
Dad thinks he is actually coming back to the states here in a few weeks.
Iwont know anything until tomorrow. I hope thats ok. I don't want to loose the car. I'm doing the best I can here and this seems to be faster.
Thanks

At this point I decided to set up another e-mail account and become another person..Gregg.. I e-mailed him this just to see what would happen.
Greetings,
I may be a little late in contacting you. The only time I search E-bay is when I'm at work and bored. I have never bought or sold anything off of e-bay and have never opened up an account. I just like to look. I feel lucky that you included an e-mail address so you could be contacted. I was going to sooner but had a very busy week end.
Is the car still for sale? Have you got a possible buyer if it has not sold? I noted that the ad said U.S. Thats great if its in the U.S. Is the price actually 5900. Why have you decided to sell such a beautiful machine? I am interested only if youhave not sold of course or if you dont have anyone else buying.
Just let me know where you are at selling it or any other info you may have.
Thank You, Gregg

Within about 20 min he responded to my Greggness with the same ol same ol
Hi ,
The car is still for sale, however i have stop the listing because i have find en customer who was exactly what i wanted for my car but in this moment i m a little sceptical regarding him.So if u r interested about the car i think we must start the business.
To initiate a new transaction case at Ebay Motors I need your complete name and address, please provide me with your full name and address, and we will complete this deal safe and quick. The car will be shipped crated by Croatia Cargo Shipping GmbH , this is a door to door delivery service not coast to coast so the car will arrive at your address, you won't have to worry about picking it up from a dock. The car will be shipped as a gift for a friend (similar to a donation) which means that it has no comercial value so its tax free. So the total price for this deal will be $US 5900. After I receive your name and address, I will initiate a new transaction case at Ebay Motors (thrid part) and they will contact you with the details of this transaction.
Regards,
Terry Hans

At this point I haven't contacted him any further. It is a scam. Sometimes he can spell sometimes he can't. He told Gregg the same thing he told George in the first e-mails. I'm just having fun at this point. I did look up the street that he gave me and sure enough there is that street. I also know there is a college there thats why my dads buddy teaches there.

Thats a great story, I say you keep the game up and really make this guy sweat somehow.

Did you ever hear about the deal the guys over at somethingawful.com did with the P-P-P-P-Powerbook??

Jolly460 said:
Wow, a GNX in Croatia? :rolleyes:

hey get with the times :p there are a few over in Nigeria to !!! along with 427 Cobra's , Boss 429s ect :rolleyes: just send me a Western Union deposit and Ill start shipping arrangments :biggrin:

Hey you're right, if I ever need to find an ultra rare muscle car I know where to look. :p

pretty please keep this going

we oughta screw him somehow like the p p p powerbook deal

A guy on the forum I know used to be stationed in Zagreb Croatia, maybe he could give you some inside info

Its still a going

I looked up the street that he gave me and there is a 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 in that same street name. the name has one of those numbers in front of it. The name he gave me didn't have a number so I wrote him.

Hey Terrry,
Hope this message finds you well. My dad talked to his buddy and he has no problem helping us out. You gave me you address but my dads friend said there are several streets by that same name????? Make any sense?
Again...about 15 minutes later he responds

Hi again,

Ur funny ...of cours r several streets by this name for that everyone have a number...to be more easy to find the one that u want.

Regards,

I responded
I have no idea what you mean.

Within 10 minutes he mails,

Hi again,

That every street have a number .....the one who have the same name and differnt numbers...so will be verry easy to find my street.

Regards,

This was all yesterday. I didn't have a lot of time to mess with him. This was 2/20/06

Tonight I have just e-mailed him this little e-mail
Terry,
So sorry it is so late today. I was such a late day at work. So much going on. I am sorry I didn't get back with you last night. I was so tired I had to go to bed. Anyway, I was able to talk to my dad around lunch time. He was in between court session and said he was able to contact his friend once again early yesterday. I'm not sure what the problem is with the address issue, but I figure he will figure it out. He is open on Thrursday to come out and get things going and hopefully done on the car. I have requested from my stock broker a check to be made out of my sale of some worthless stocks. I figure I might as well sell them and invest in something a little more promising such as a GNX. He said my check would be here by Monday. That should work out well so I can pay my dads friend for the fronted money he will pay you for the car. One important thing we haven't discussed is that since you don't have to worry about shipping and crating the car etc,etc. How much is that going to affect the price of the car. Also you do have the title for the car?It is clear and does not have a lein on the car? This is not a salvage title of any sort. You also mentioned that is was a U.S. title? I contacted the motor vehicle department here and they said they need to know what state it is registered in before they can tell me how to proceed with title transfer. They said depending on the state there are new laws and certain states have hoops that I may have to jump through. I sure hope not. So if it is registered in the U.S. I need to know what state. It looks like the pictures you sent me may have been taken over here in the states. IS THAT TRUE? My dad asked if there was a phone number that his friend could call you at personally. It would be much easier for you two to meet up that way. It makes sense to me. His name is Fred G. Sanford. Hes a trustworthy guy. I guess I should know better than anyone. Im trusting him in the transaction of a GNX! Please read this e-mail carefully and answer all of the questions I asked throughout. They are important so I don't have to keep e-mailing you. I will check my e-mail before I go to bed.
Thanks Again!!!!!!

I'm just a waiting on him. :D :biggrin:

That line stating "The most important thing in all my activity here is that I'm affiliated with Ebay motors where I have a purchase protection account for $20,000. How will Ebay Motors protect your purchase?" yada yada. Is exactly word for word the same response I got a while back when toying with a guy in the interest of a Dodge SRT-10 truck with 4xxx miles for $12,000. And that also included door to door shipping and ins. He also responded to e-mail very quickly. When I insisted he provide a vin. for me......where'd he go?...don't know...gone!! SORRY BA$T&RDS!!!!!

i email him and said nice scam i never liked those pictures of my car in front of my house then it wasnt two hours later it was off of ebay :biggrin:

That line stating "The most important thing in all my activity here is that I'm affiliated with Ebay motors where I have a purchase protection account for $20,000. How will Ebay Motors protect your purchase?" yada yada. Is exactly word for word the same response I got a while back when toying with a guy in the interest of a Dodge SRT-10 truck with 4xxx miles for $12,000.

Really. Thats interesting. He has responded with a vin number. I wonder what it would bring with a car fax?