Chevette's

VKREGAL

Anyone on here build a chevette or any other compact car with a buick v6 engine?
Thanks

Yeah, me too. I'm building an N/A regal that should make 250 horses with a 2004r and 3.42 posi and weighs 3100 lbs. If that can make low 14's which I am aiming for, stuff that drivetrain in a chevette you may get high 12's or low 13's if it hooks. I had a chance a few years ago to buy a chevette in great shape for $400. I wish I would have jumped on it.

I'm surprised nobody has put a IC 3.8 ina chevette. Hell get a 4 door, put a nice paint job on it and pimp it with some wheels. Make a great family cruiser or daily beater:cool:

I saw a GEO Metro with a GN drive train year before last at the GN meet in Bowling Green Ky.

RE: Chevettes

There was a guy here in Augusta that had one a couple of years ago that had a hot air motor in it. As far as the engine buildup I cant remember but I know it ran in the 11.40-11.50 range. The car was pretty light if I remember correctly. It was painted like a Ford Grabber Blue color and Ugly as homeade sin..

I always wanted to do a monza or skyhawk.

Problem is they are almost impossible to find and if you do they are so rusted out there isn't anything left.

i would love todo a chevette as well... put a nice 86/87 ic motor.... my friend has one... the funny part is he was going to buy a 87 GN but he decided not too bc the curb to the dealer was too high and was scared they f up the cars on the curb.. So he went down the road and bought an 87 Chevette.. Everytime i see him (once a week) he regrets it... I would love a Skyhawk, keppin it all buick....

If you really want an H-body, you need to come to New Mexico. I just sold a completely rust free Sunbird (Pontiac) and still have a super solid Skyhawk for sale now. My N/A car is a Vega wagon still wearing its original paint and my Hybrid car is a 73 Vega panel wagon. I have owned 13 of these cars and almost everyone was almost completely rust free. Of course we aren't exactly "local" to most of you on the East coast but I STILL have people calling me saying "If you want this car, come get it." Of the 13 I have only paid for 7 of them. The bodies are great, the interior not so much. The sun here kills them. If anyone is SERIOUS, let me know. I can find almost anything you are looking for.

My neighbor has a nice solid Ford Pinto for sale, I think about $600 would take it from him, its runs and is all there, make a great start :)

search the cars for sale section, someone has a skyhawk that's rustfree. The interior is baked, but the best part about it is it has the glass(acrylic) roof option. Not just a sunroof, the whole top is clear.

search the cars for sale section, someone has a skyhawk that's rustfree. The interior is baked, but the best part about it is it has the glass(acrylic) roof option. Not just a sunroof, the whole top is clear.

Oooh yea, you should buy it. It is a nice car (shameless plug) :D

I want to turbo my 77 Skyhawk. I also want to make headers for it but haven't found any 304 SS head flanges yet? Thought that would be easy if you guys know where let me know. After seeing 10secvega on the H site and reading about his car I thought what better way to keep it Buick and be quick (whats your top rpm with the 3:55's?).

You can find Skyhawks out there. Like any H body they can look decent but still have terminal rust. I found a white one three years ago with less than 10k original miles. Brian