Check this out!

SGRIM

Owner/Admin TB.com
Staff member
I saw this ad and said what the H*ll to good to be true but I will shoot and e-mail and see what deal is.

Heres the link

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...r=1987&isp=y&cardist=300&LNX=ESTAFSRCHUSDTEXT

Couple of days later I get the following e-mails for guy.

1. Hello ,

Please excuse for my late answer but I had some problems with my internet service provider. First of all I want to tell you that the car is still available and the price($6,690) includes all the shipping costs and insurance, so you wont have to pay any extra charges. The Buick looks like new, it has never been scratched or wrecked. It will come with a clear title, bill of sale signed by me as well and all the papers (including the original manuals and keys) that you will need to register it under your name.I'm selling it at a low price because I've just moved to London,Uk and I can't drive it here because cars from here are with the steering wheel on right ,and this it have the steering wheel on left so for me this car is useless.About the payment method I will only accept bidpay because this is the fastest and safest way we can move on with this deal.After you will make the payment to them I will start the shipping and only after you will receive the car I will be able to receive the money from bidpay.Once I receive the payment confirmation from ,I will start the shipping process.I hope that you will understand my situation.If you agree with these terms, please reply me and I will be more than glad to provide you with further information how to purchase the Grand National asap.

Warm regards!

2. hello again,

Like I've told you I've just moved here (london)and the car is here with me but you don't have to worry about that because i have a friend who works for a shipping service and I will ship the car for free.I'm sorry but I can't use a phone because I'm a deaf mute person.Bidpay is a service and they will handle our transaction.They will hold your money until you receive the car and only after you will receive it they will send me the money.So if you agree with this please reply me your full name and shipping address so I will be able to contact them about our deal and they will contact you with all details about this deal.

warm regards!

Alexander

3. If you really want to buy the car please reply me your full name and address and I will contact them about this transaction and they will contact you with all details you need.This is legit and I want a fast deal too.Also please confirm that you have the money for the deal because I don't want to be a waste of time for me.
-----

I did not want to post my responses espically the last one, might have got me kicked off board.

My last response condensed said Proof or I will turn you in for fruad, told him saw car on e-bay few weeks ago last time I checked bid was way above your price. I let him know I knew he was a fraud and stolen pics off of ebay of someones elses car. and guess what?

I have not got another response. :cool:

I hope this guy is not really deaf and mute if so I am sorry for picking.. But can you believe the NERVE of somepeople:mad:

Listing is gone...perhaps he was just another fraud...Gotta love 'em...jerks!

Removed!!

I am glad they took down!

It was an 841 Mile car. Perfect. I am pretty sure it was the same one on e-bay not to long ago. I thought had saved that whole page.

841 miles, always garaged etc.....

Deaf mute people can't have driver licenses. Don't feel bad, he's a lying sack of ****.

I got that exact same email, and I read it to my dad, and this is what he told me. If the car has such low miles then the guy doesn't drive it right? So then he says, what difference does it make what side the steering wheel is on if the guy doesn't drive the car. So right then I realized it was obviously a con.

This scam has been around now for about a year. A lot of it has been popping up on Ebay lately. Usually the parties will offer you something unreal (I saw a listed somewhere by these pricks offering a '03 Cobra with less than 500 {yes 500} miles for a buy it now of $6,900...and promises that the deal is/was legit. I contacted the person(s) about the car and I was given a similiar story to the one you was given. I was told he lived in London and the car was in New York. He gave me the long drawn out story of how he was unable to take the Cobra to London due to shipping expensives and just wanted rid of it....and a 'friend' was storing the car.

To make an extremely LONG story short, I asked the guy where in NY the car was ..I was interested in seeing it...that I had a good friend in NY who would more than happy to 'check the car out for me'. Needless to say, he/they never replied and the auction ended early with the banning of that member.

Rip-off con's are everywhere...seems here lately, most sre residing to London.

:rolleyes:

Bobby