Check out the B.S we have to deal with

We can seize that car if we have information from police and, just on the balance of probabilities, if we can establish that that car is being used for the unlawful purpose of street racing, we will seize it and you will never see it again,” he said.

“We will crush your car. We will crush the parts. You will never see it again.”

It's BS. All hype.

ACLU will jump in if he does crush someone's car SUSPECTED of street racing.

Id crush their police cruiser if they crushed my car........... its gotta be BS, they will be getting sued left and right if this happens...... although, I do my business at the track, what are the chances that a tiny stoplight race could turn into this??????????????

We can seize that car if we have information from police and, just on the balance of probabilities, if we can establish that that car is being used for the unlawful purpose of street racing, we will seize it and you will never see it again,” he said.

It's BS. All hype.

I'm pretty sure the ACLU won't have much luck in Canada.

Cars get seized every day in the US. We sell them at auction instead of crushing them, but you are still out a car.

They already have "crush" laws on the books in Kali. I'll try and post a link later. Basically if you are caught with stolen parts on your "street racer" it goes straight to the crusher. The cops cant sell it at an auction or use it for thier own use such as DARE cars and such. I guess somebody noticed that along with street racing there was also an increase in auto related crime in those areas. Down here in Orlando the police have documented the increase of thefts,especially with Honda products, whether it would be the entire vehicle or just vandalism. I guess people have had the ECU/PCM stolen. There was even a link posted to the internet on how to reflash them, that the local papers posted, to show just how valuable those parts are.

ACLU wont get involved.

It's BS. All hype.

Thats Canada not the US.

They already Crushed a couple of Honda's a while back that were convicted of Street racing.

Now if your car is modified as they interpret, they seize it and crush it...

Makes me want to move, or take up fishing...

They also Ticketed street cars on trailers with emmissions and safety infractions at a Track day....

What a joke... Toronto Sucks

That sounds like "big brother"
I know for the most part, LEO's are decent, but those that aren't..will they be able to make a false claim to have your car crushed?

They also Ticketed street cars on trailers with emmissions and safety infractions at a Track day....

Cars with stolen parts or guilty of street racing is one thing, but if they really did that to trailered cars at a track, THAT'S retarded.

This stuff is getting out of hand. I was thinking of going to a show in the Chicago area last night but I noticed on the flyer it said "all attending cars must be street legal, violators will be ticketed". Decided to stay home. ;)

If no crime has been commited I am not sure how they can seize it legally just for suspicion of street racing. One would think that it would fall under illegal search and seizure laws; no?

Jim C.

If no crime has been commited I am not sure how they can seize it legally just for suspicion of street racing. One would think that it would fall under illegal search and seizure laws; no?

Jim C.

No.

They can seize your vehicle for suspicion of anything and say that it is "evidence".

When lawyer's fees to get something back are 5X what it's worth, technically, they didn't illegally seize anything though to the person losing their car, there isn't much difference.

Must have PC

probable cause,
other wise they (police ) are liable for damages, costs, etc, (at least here in lawsuit land ,Kalifornia)
they can invent a reason for PC, but if you have a good atty,it'll be tossed,

probable cause,
other wise they (police ) are liable for damages, costs, etc, (at least here in lawsuit land ,Kalifornia)
they can invent a reason for PC, but if you have a good atty,it'll be tossed,

I've always wanted to push the "the probable cause" issue in court. My favorite is " the reason I stopped you is because your license plate light isn't working". Okay officer jerk, than why didn't you use that earlier in the day when I passed you running radar at the beginning of your shift? Now I will push the issue if they try something lame and petty such as that to enforce a crusher law. I was stopped once on the MC because the cop said my cell phone hanging off my belt loup looked like a concealed weapon. Oh boy, can you imagine that clown having to admit he was a retard in court. :rolleyes: