check engine light and no codes

buick1987gn

I'm a bad man.
I went to the track on Friday hoping to break in to the 11's previous best was a 12.2 at 111 mph with 2.0 sixty foot, since then I ve gone to an extender set up and pts trans and 9x11 converter. Ever since going to the extender set up my car has slowed down and had many problems with check engine lights and hesitation at the track at wot at the top of second gear the check engine light came on the car fell on its face and my mph dropped to 104 with and et 0f 12.5 and a 1.7 60ft on drag radials. Ive checked the grounds and chip is in all the way ive checked everything I could think of and have had no luck IM really getting irritated also my turbo link will not record it acts like it is but doesn't any ideas would really be great!

I get a check engine light at the track as well with no codes. Usually at the top of third gear. Doesn't seem to effect performance.

A lot of chip makers use the SES light as a "shift light." I'm pretty sure the extender has this feature.

Kev :)

The flashing SES light at the top of your gears is because the Extender chips have a "shift light" feature. I think the default is pretty low, like maybe 4800-5000 or so.

I dont have that feature enabled and it doesnt do it all the time and when it happens the car falls on its face and it doesnt flash its on steady so im sure its not the shift light feature.

Normally, a solid check engine light would indicate that there is no power to the ECM and you have gone back to the base settings (limp home mode). You may have a power feed to the computer that goes intermittent during certain conditions.

Originally posted by Turbo Brian
Normally, a solid check engine light would indicate that there is no power to the ECM and you have gone back to the base settings (limp home mode). You may have a power feed to the computer that goes intermittent during certain conditions.

Yes,I'll second that.Look for a short on the + batt cable or looseness on the - cable at the block below the passenger head.