check ball placement help!

1quickfrc

so im having my tranny rebuilt by a local shop and got a call yesterday saying that hes missing three check balls for my valve body and it does have an art carr shift kit which means that the tv ex and 4th accumulator balls would be removed correct? ... so the next question is where if anyplace can the third ball be removed from? or did he just lose a ball?

Correct. The Art Carr kit omits the TV Exhaust and 4th accumulator check balls. I remember the diagram in the instructions of the kit being inaccurate regarding the number of check balls. When you look at the case it is easy to tell where the check balls should be. If you are missing a check ball, someone on this board will have one. I might even have one.

he leaves out the 1 in the center of the vboby,very poor choice in my opinion.1/2 shift checkball.

he leaves out the 1 in the center of the vboby,very poor choice in my opinion.1/2 shift checkball.

Negative, he does not!..the 1-2 shift ball is untouched. Instructions say to only remove the 1-2 shift ball if the conv is a 9" non L/U.

This is High Tech Valve Body Kit from Art Carr himself that now owns CPT transmissions Im speaking of.

Cant speak for the Art Carr in TX.

Have never heard you say one thing positive about another vendor Chris!
I guess your way is better huh so say some crap to get a sale?

Sometimes people will leave out the 1-2 check ball even when the instructions in the kit say not to.