Cheap Walbro, possible Chinese fake?

could be an older model, or it lists camaro/firebird, i don't know if they are the same, so it could be the wrong pump. I just bought a Walbro 340 from G-bodyparts, and was just over $100, under $200 with hotwire kit. So, it's not that much cheaper, so it probably is a Walbro.

One other thing for Ebay heads, this guy has 100% feedback but yet has negatives, how is that? I thought that your feedback would go down with even one hit?

Hi,
If the pump is stamped with the distinctive Walbro logo,and also part and serial numbers, It is probably a real Walbro. All this could be faked, but it is unlikely. Try a supplier like Racetronix out of Canada;I trust them implicitely.

If you get a negative, the buyer and seller can agree to withdrawl feedack resulting in neutral feedback. Personally I think its bull$hit, if you get a negative it should be refelected no matter what.

WOW! 3500 ebay transactions earning 100% positive feedback....With all the juveniles and dweebs out there, that is a remarkable and monumental accomplishment, congratulations :)

"If you get a negative, the buyer and seller can agree to withdrawl feedack resulting in neutral feedback. Personally I think its bull$hit, if you get a negative it should be refelected no matter what."

Excellent advice with unreal feedback, I'll add you to my favorite vendors, thanks!

Just now adding FTS????

Must be a new man here :D
Somebody did a fine write-up on the differences between the real and fake pumps last year. I bet a search will find it without too much trouble.

This "China parts" witch hunt is getting a little annoying. Any time someone finds a good deal these days "must be from China".

But yeah... just learn your lesson and shop with Full Throttle, they are the best. :)

I looked and I bought.:D Needed it badly, bought new bb turbo and injectors from you but I was shy the fuel delivery.:eek:

Full Throttle is the only place I shop. Honest and no monkey business!:D

"This "China parts" witch hunt is getting a little annoying. Any time someone finds a good deal these days "must be from China".

Witch hunt? I was just throwing it out there in case someone knew or had an experience with this vendor. It never hurts to ask you know. ;>)

No Mike, not at all...you are as reputable as the very best out there and certainly would never sell this type of stuff. What I'm saying is, be aware that there are fakes out there, and well, if it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, walks like a duck, ya know?

Ebay just seems like the place where some of the "here today-gone tomorrow" sellers find the public. And prices that are too low are certainly a flag.

could be an older model, or it lists camaro/firebird, i don't know if they are the same, so it could be the wrong pump. I just bought a Walbro 340 from G-bodyparts, and was just over $100, under $200 with hotwire kit. So, it's not that much cheaper, so it probably is a Walbro.

I have yet to see a gerotor fuel pump out of China.
Walbro pumps have a very distinctive appearance so they are easy to identify.

Was it a Racetronix kit G-Body sold you?

Jack :cool:

PS. There are some new turbine pumps coming out of China which perform as well as the Walbros now. Their lifespan is a bit shorter and they draw a bit more current than a Walbro but they are less than half the price. They have come a long way in a couple years.