Chassis Decals

Duane Heckman

My name is Duane Heckman and I own Classic Car Interiors. I reproduce, among other things, chassis decal sets for 69-72 gransports. The reason I am posting here is this, several people have approached me to reproduce chassis decals for the 86-87 GN's. I don't have a problem with doing this, but I don't have examples of the decals and have no idea if there is a demand for these parts.
Sid Meyers told me at the Nats this year that a gentleman he knows would donate a full set of decals for the cause. I guess I am trying to find out if there is enough demand to do them.
Let me know if you are interested.
Duane

I am talking about the decals for the shocks, springs, swaybars, etc, not emblems. For the Gran Sports I sell a kit that includes the following decals/tags; Power Booster/Master Cylinder, Frame, F&R Swaybars, Shocks, and Springs. The sets vary for engine size 350/455, ac/non-ac, Hd/reg suspension, coupe/conv, etc. The sets for GN's would not vary as much, probably only for ac/non-ac cars. I expect the GNX's would be different due to their different suspension components. I have a friend with a no-mileage GNX and can probably look at his car to reproduce those decals.
Duane

Duane, ALL GN's have ac as standard equipment. In fact there is no suspension options either. Tis should make you job easier. Yes I too would be interested in the decal set..

I guess I need someone to send me a set to get the ball rolling. Or at least some pictures. Here is my address;

Classic Car Interiors
120 President Ave.
Rutledge, Pa. 19070

Looks like I will be expanding my horizons.
Duane

Duane, where in Philadelphia are you?? I remember your X-Camino and I thought you were from Delaware county??

Make mine yellow!

I'll gain more power that way. :p

Actually, it sounds like a neat project. :cool:

Frank,
I do live in Delaware County. I live in Rutledge, Pa., about 7 miles south of the Philadelphia International Airport. I listed Phila. so people around the country would know where I'm from.
If anyone wants to see pictures of my X-Camino they are on my website. (www.classiccarinteriors.com)
Duane

I think that the caution fan decal and belt routing decals used under the hood would be the most needed decals. The spare tire mounting decal in the trunk is already reproduced (the one that I saw had a typo).

So are the belt, caution fan, powermaster, alarm decals. Brian. Kirban has em.. These are all already reproduced..

Originally posted by Turbo Brian
I think that the caution fan decal and belt routing decals used under the hood would be the most needed decals. The spare tire mounting decal in the trunk is already reproduced (the one that I saw had a typo).

Maybe someone can give me a list of the decals that are currently reproduced and the ones that are yet to be done. It would help.
Duane

Will these stickers include the original part #s? I don't think any of Kirbans do.

I've also seen reproduction sun visor 'oil change recommendation' decals too, sans part number in the corner.

Duane-
*trunk jacking instructions
*oil/gas recommendation sticker on the back of the sun visor
*coil pack decal
*1/4 window alarm decal
*fan caution sticker
*powermaster underhood decal
*belt routing decal

These are what I know are reproduced at this time.

Duane-I sent you an email but you never returned one. I'll send the ones I have with a description of where they were removed from as soon as I get it on paper. Should be NLT the first of the week. Thanks GENE