Charlotte Autofair Sept 15

evening fun mostly, doing the house of blues friday (etta james) and sunday (bb king!) which leaves saturday to fill, not much for sitting on the beach doing nothinge either. is there anyplace where car-folks like to gather (real cars, not the fart-pipe and bleacher-wing rice-a-roni brigade)

If there is any meeting up for breakfast before, or dinner afterwards, let me know and I'll make sure to meet up with you guys. At this point though I can't guarantee having the car in the "show".

K.

As my car is NOT a show car I hope this Sat event would be more of a "display"--as my front bmpr fillers are starting to crack & I probably won't be able to replace them prior. If this is acceptable, then COUNT ME IN for one (1) space--looking fwd to joining y'all...

Sorry, I can't "add color" as my GN is black (absence of color?) & you must accept Southerners--as I'm from South Carolina.

Please advise if these conditions are acceptable & I'll PM you my particulars chop-chop!

Thanks, Monte

I'm not a trailer queen either, you are acceptable! Don't let Kevin scare you from showing and remember Kevin, Alonzo has to reclaim his spot as "King" since Andy got Best of Show last time. I nned to get one of those Burger King crowns and make the winner have his/her pic took with it on:biggrin:
Monte,I got you in a spot

usually the "staging area" is the mcdonalds on speedway blvd just off the interstate around 7-ish

Alonzo has to reclaim his spot as "King" since Andy got Best of Show last time.

True, but we know Alonzo is definitely in, and Andy is a mystery so far. (hmm, judging by past judging results: it appears that in either case the "fix" is in for the east of I-95 crowd :mad: )

usually the "staging area" is the mcdonalds on speedway blvd just off the interstate around 7-ish

You know there is a Cracker Barrel there now as well. ;) Right behind the McD's/BP.

K.

evening fun mostly, doing the house of blues friday (etta james) and sunday (bb king!) which leaves saturday to fill, not much for sitting on the beach doing nothinge either. is there anyplace where car-folks like to gather (real cars, not the fart-pipe and bleacher-wing rice-a-roni brigade)

You didn't say what dates, but my HoB sleuthing shows EJ to be there 7/20--so you're looking for action 7/21. Unfortunately, our car club, Myrtle Beach Car Club-Car, Truck, Clubs, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina , has a cruise-in EACH Fri 6-9pm but you'll likely be involved w/ EJ action.

Another, smaller car club holds a cruise-in each 3rd Sat at Bob Evans in N Myr Bch--which would be your date of interest (7/21). As I usually golf w/ the bride on Saturdays & we typically go out to eat Sat nite--I cannot speak for their cruise-in--never having been to it...

Well, fate has dealt me a terrible blow--apparently I lost my new intake manif gasket (IMG) yesterday as GN got hot & water vapor/steam was pouring out of both VC breathers. It was so wet under there I initially thought I broke a hose--but alas, not so simple--no hose leak.

Weird thing is, oil level not increase--guess water was evaporating too fast to accumulate. :mad:

Still hoping to make Sept A-F show. Right now I'm in a deep depression as I just this week got the GN back on road after IMG replct from prev alky testing/ backfiring. No backfire this time tho (& no KR either time)? :confused:

Well, fate has dealt me a terrible blow--apparently I lost my new intake manif gasket (IMG) yesterday as GN got hot & water vapor/steam was pouring out of both VC breathers. It was so wet under there I initially thought I broke a hose--but alas, not so simple--no hose leak.

Weird thing is, oil level not increase--guess water was evaporating too fast to accumulate. :mad:

Still hoping to make Sept A-F show. Right now I'm in a deep depression as I just this week got the GN back on road after IMG replct from prev alky testing/ backfiring. No backfire this time tho (& no KR either time)? :confused:

Oh no...the Autofair "curse" is starting early:eek:

Ouch! Sorry to hear that, but at least the intakes on these cars are laughably simple to redo.....(less than an hour and a half is my personal best haha)

Is it to late to get me a spot saved :confused:
I know Im a little late to the punch and don't get on here often, Im in the process of putting my front and rear fillers back on my car and should be sat for the Autofair. Its cool if Im too late, I will just bring the truck and load up on junk to take back home, haha.

Is it to late to get me a spot saved :confused:
I know Im a little late to the punch and don't get on here often, Im in the process of putting my front and rear fillers back on my car and should be sat for the Autofair. Its cool if Im too late, I will just bring the truck and load up on junk to take back home, haha.
Not too late, I got you in a spot. Just pm me your name & address so I can mail you your passes when I get them.

Cheryl If You Have Any More Spots Let Me Know,i Sent You A Pm
I have you down in my last positively open spot. Where are you located? I can either mail your passes or you can pick them up the day of the show. I may have another spot or 2 open up before showtime, I'll let everyone know if anymore spots open.

Our spots for Sept 15 Autofair are now filled. If anyone needs to drop out, let me know as soon as possible so I can give your place to someone else. I got our spots increased to 20.
We will be getting 5 trophys to vote on. They are:
1- Best of Show
2- Best Turbo Buick Powered
3- Best Syclone / Typhoon
4- 3rd Place
5- Best Motor
The list of participants are:
1- Cheryl D(Ty or GN)
2- Pat B(GN)
3-Pat B(T)
4- Kevin H(T)
5-Kevin H(?)
6-Conrad C(GN)
7-Alonzo P(GN)
8-Eric S(GN)
9-James C(Sy)
10-Rob D(Sy)
11-Jim L(Ty)
12-John W(Sy)
13-Vernon S(Turbo Malibu)
14-Randy M(WE4)
15-Clint A (T)
16-Scott(BigTurboScott)(GN)
17-Monte2(GN)
18-Mike M (Sy)
19-GN_Man_NC (GN)
20-Johnny(Blown526)(GN)
Alternates:
1-Jeff(alwayswantedone)(Sy)
2-John W(Sy)

20?? Holy crap! Let's see those Fiero weenies try to get us moved this time!!!

I sent you a pm with my info. Looking forward to meeting everyone, seeing as I have no clue who anyone on here is really.

Thanks again

We've got a fantastic group, not too looney, most of us are "old-timers" from here(Turbobuick) & SyTy.net

We've got a fantastic group, not too looney, most of us are "old-timers" from here(Turbobuick) & SyTy.net

easy on the old-timer comments there.

i can only think of a few that are OLD :eek:

i will not mention any names