Charging problem/no power over40mph

FAST8T7

Hey guys I need some help I'm having a problem with my car not holding a charge ...I don't drive the car much it sits a lot... I know that's not good... I replaced the battery with a gel battery, and just replaced the alternator with one from kirban the 200amp one... So the other day I went to pull my ride out and noticed when I went for a lil spin the car wouldn't go over 35-40mph I noticed when I did the alternator I took off the intake pipe and maf well when I put it back on I didn't reconnect it after awhile I noticed it and reconnected it it was fine I drove it for an hour straight and on the way back home one of my Amps went off and the a/c was going up and down from hi to low I shut everything off and noticed the lights were starting to dim and after awhile the car shut off with no power after awhile the power came back on but the battery was low with not enough juice to start ... I towed it home jumped started it and it was fine I charged the battery over night and fired it up a couple of days later and it was fine I put it in drive and the lights were dimming again I went around the corner and the same thing no power over 30-40 mph turned it off and battery was low again and the volt light has been on as well.... Any info would help thanks in advance ...Rudy

Turn the ignition to "on". Does the volt light on the left side of the dash come on? If not, you found your problem

FAST8T7 Im glad you started this thread.Im having this same problem.my car stays parked for long periods of time and I also have a nice aftermarket system in it.I promise you everytime I go to crank I have to jump it off.(mind you I have a yellow top optima battery under the hood) im glad I have a warranty on battery.I swear the parts store has replaced it at least 4 times.still same problem.I had my alternator stepped up to 200 amps also at same time. I hope this resistor mod is the fix for me.

I solved all my charging and starting problems once I shitcanned the optimas I had.

FAST8T7 Im glad you started this thread.Im having this same problem.my car stays parked for long periods of time and I also have a nice aftermarket system in it.I promise you everytime I go to crank I have to jump it off.(mind you I have a yellow top optima battery under the hood) im glad I have a warranty on battery.I swear the parts store has replaced it at least 4 times.still same problem.I had my alternator stepped up to 200 amps also at same time. I hope this resistor mod is the fix for me.
Yea bro it's a pain in the ass but I still need to do a few things like change the cables to 8gauge like suggested and check and possibly redo the grounds the question I was asking is if should the resistor mod pretty much fix the problem or should I also order the caspers field kit or is it the the same thing???? But no one has answered that

Turbodave I heard mixed things about those batteries I have a die hard platinum I heard they are made by odyssey and are pretty good ... And it's a gel battery

turbodave it wasn't just from the optima battery. I had a kinetic battery before.
my system consists of 1-jlaudio 1000/1 and 1-jlaudio 450/4 channel amps

Fast87. You can do the do the field fix yourself with wire, a bit of soldering and a 3 wire alternator pig tail from a mid 90s LT1 Camaro.