Changing paint color Opinions?

Silentway

I have a 85 GN not T-Type which I have converted over to the 86/87 setup. I have stripped the paint off to bare metal, but I'm now thinking of changing the color. Being that I already converted from a Hotair will this hurt the value more or doesn't matter. I've not going with a wild color but a newer GM color.

Opinions stay Black or other?

Thanks

Definately stay black. No doubt. If it is any other color than black, It is no longer a Grand National- Black is part of the identity of a GN. The Darth Vader of automobiles. Would Darth Vader have been as evil & threatening if he was wearing anything other than black? NO!

It is your car to do what you want with it, but you did ask for opinions :)

JMO,
John

I have always wanted to have a Wh1 style paint job on a GN or just do the top black then from top of fenders down a dark gun metal gray.
Ive also thought about maybe just some deck stipes or gost flames or something. Ive tried to find pics of a car with flames or stripes but have yet to see one.

Its an 85 with a cold air set up so...

I have a 85 GN not T-Type which I have converted over to the 86/87 setup. I have stripped the paint off to bare metal, but I'm now thinking of changing the color. Being that I already converted from a Hotair will this hurt the value more or doesn't matter. I've not going with a wild color but a newer GM color.

Thanks

Hope you take this with the grain of salt - Anyway my guess is you aren't going for resale or to restore for the critical masses :rolleyes: . Soooooo DO IT YOUR WAY! You're paying the bills and doing the work. There are pics of lots of nice Regals with unique and different paint schemes & colors here on the board. If it pleases you - obviously you'll enjoy it more and if its done well others will appreciate it too.

Good luck - FWIW I am following my own advice.

Thanks
As already mentioned, don't worry about the value. Build what YOU want.

Color suggestions... The Cyber Gray used on the new Vette is sexy as hell.
chevy_corvette09_pg_ext_09CHCR00002.jpg

IMO, this color would still work well with the GN interior. The black trim on the exterior would look great. If you wanted more black, some GNX style wheels would be a nice touch.

Also, a two-tone might be cool, too. Go with black on top and Cyber Gray on bottom with black wheels. Or reverse that and go gray up top, black on bottom and gray wheels.