Changed transmission fluid, surging in overdrive

GBodyAB

I did a transmission pan service on my T Type, and when I went for a drive afterwards the transmission will lock and unlock at around 45-65mph. I have a manual switch in the car to lock the converter and that works fine. I used a 700r4 transmission filter and I have a deep transmission pan. It's also a D6 converter 3000 stall speed. The car also has a turbo tweak street chip set at 94 octane. This is becoming annoying since it's been this way since late april so any help will be appreciated.

Check your brake switch. A d6 is about 1600 stall at zero boost/vacuum. Even the loosest of the loose d5 won't stall more than about 2400@0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I drove it today to get a more accurate idea of what it was doing, and it's intermittent. Could the brake switch also cause it to be intermittent like that? It also seems to do it when the trans is warmed up. If there's anyone in Calgary that's more familiar, a test drive explains it much better.

I drove it today to get a more accurate idea of what it was doing, and it's intermittent. Could the brake switch also cause it to be intermittent like that? It also seems to do it when the trans is warmed up. If there's anyone in Calgary that's more familiar, a test drive explains it much better.
if it seems temperature related it's probably the solenoid

Yea i had a feeling that could be it. Is there a chance I could have bumped it when I did the pan service? And since I have the on/off switch for lock up, wouldn't it not work if the solenoid was malfunctioning? I don't get any surges or jerks when the car gears down either.

You really need to go through the flowchart to determine what the cause is. You haven't stated if ecu is commanding lock up or not

Sent you a PM also. Hey I read your post from 2014. I too did a service change to my 87 GN and now am having the same issue you did with surging only in overdrive. I also used the 700r4 transmission filter. Made sure to insulate the back of the one connector that sits against the filter also. I'm thinking maybe a wire is grounding in there or my tcc went bad. What ended up being your problem ?

Hey guys, this will not cause your problem, first off if the wire were to be grounding out,it wont care what gear it is in, even if the sol. is bad same thing it doesn't know what gear its in it will not exhaust the fluid to converter clutch, which would keep it applied and cause all kind of problems, look at new post,tc lockup cause surging, probably tps. Also if you are using a switch to apply converter,its probably wired directly to sol. which I don't necessarily agree with but brake switch wont even affect it.