Champion heads or send heads out

riviera

I have to tackle head gaskets ive been thinking about champion heads but seen here a few issues with champion heads so i was thinking i might be better off sending them off to be machined. im a little new to the game so im going to ask:if i send my heads to the machine shop is there anything in particular i should ask to be done to them when i drop them off. i here people talk about porting then etc. but truthfully im not sure on all the ins and outs, or am i better off buying heads from champion. i can afford aluminum heads.

I would buy the Champion heads if you have the money. no work required, just bolt them on. Not sure what your mods are, but you don't need aluminum heads if you got a stock block. Champions iron heads are every bit as good and will seal better on a stock block. Iron heads have already been in the 8's in the qtr mile.

If he sends his heads to Champion and they port them they will then be Champion Iron heads right?? Would it be more cost effective this way???

If he sends his heads to Champion and they port them they will then be Champion Iron heads right?? Would it be more cost effective this way???
Champion doesn't accept cores.Tom supplies the core w/ the advertised price... fwiw a set of champion's resale value is higher than most heads.

I would just by the Champions. Having done all of my own port work, filling EGR ports and relying on the machine shop to do the valve job, guides and surfaces correctly :rolleyes: ;) you would be money ahead with the Champions. I believe my heads may out perform the Champions but the resale value VS investment is a no brainier.