Ceramichrome Coating Peeling On V2 Tubes???

strikeeagle

Anyone else had this problem?

Where can I buy new, bare tubes?

Is the CAS "class action" still in progress, or is it too late? Any results?

Thanks.

I would suspect you could find someone to strip that stuff off the pipes and then get them re-coated with something else...I got my pipes bare from CAS and had them coated satin black by HPC...no peeling problems

I ordered mine bare, but Tony shipped them to me (5 months late!) painted black. So I went Sears and bought a buffing wheel for my bench grinder and proceeded to polish the living piss out of them. They look awsome now!!!

They were not cleaned and prepped properly before coating. If you had them done by an approved applicator, they should redo them for you.

Mine from CAS did the same. They weren't prepped right. I did the ones on my car now with Jack's FM in white. If you send them to me I can do them in any color or style you want and you will not have problems.... and will have them back in a week:D

Guys,

Thanks very much for your responses. The ceramichrome coating is from CAS. I'm trying to hunt Tony down to see what he's willing to do, if anything.

At this point I'm contemplating buying a set of bare aluminum tubes from him, and forego any coating. That is, if I can get hold of him and the price is right.

I presume that if the faulty ceramichrome coating is peeling that it could be media blasted off or otherwise removed without too much pain. And thoughts/experiences on removing this stuff?

Also, if Tony is out of business is there someone else who could make these tubes?

Thanks again...

:D

Jack's pipes my work. I have had both and they are similar. Good ole aircraft or paint stripper should do the job.