centerline wheels stay away from!

HUMBLE-U2

if you plan on buying any wheels for x mas.stay as far as possible from centerline. there q/c and customer service bites the big one!

Sad to hear.

Back in the day, Centerlines were second to none.

Mike B.

so...if we want some, like I do...go through Summit so you have a good middle man? Or...go to another brand?

Doesn't matter WHERE you buy them from. The quality isn't great on the contruction of them. At least on the Rev wheels. Went thru quite a few wheels to get some decent front wheels. Backs were fine.

I went thru Jegs for mine. I was driving them crazy but I don't think THEY would have put the wheels they sent me initially on their own cars either.

For the record I AM happy with the final results.

GG,went thur summit ordered 8/4/09.got wheels 9/30/09 one wheel was defective shipped back to summit. summit ships back to centerline still waiting for wheel expected arrival back to summit 1/21/10. then when they get the order. they ship back to you takes at least 10 days.that wheel got more miles on it than i would have put on it. good luck!:mad:

One of the after market aluminum wheels that come on custom conversion vans cracked on my van. My tire store happened to have a set of brand new in the box centerlines for my van and offered me a spetacular deal on them.

Four months later they all have pits, white spots and black spots the size of a pin head where water got under the clearcoat. Looks like I drove them through a couple of winters in a salt state up north.

Tire store says take it up with the manufacturer (centerline) who says tooooo bad sucker. You can't prove you didn't ruin them.

Found a guy to weld up and true my original rim and they are back on.

Tire store lost a customer who drives (regularly) six vehicles and centerline will never get a penny of my money again.

Mikey

I've had many sets of Centerline wheels over the years with no issues. However the last two sets I bought were Billet Stars for my 64 Skylark (like 1996) and Convo Pros for my GN ( 03 or 04 models). Maybe the quality has gone down on the newer stuff, but I'm wondering if thats across the board with all manufacturers using cheaper materials.

Yes, Centerline sucks.........I first bought a set back in the late ninetys, style 89, Billet GN's.......the fronts were about 100$ and the rears were like 120$......couple of years go by and I decide I want a pair of them in 10" wide...........so I called centerline and they said they no longer make them, didn't have any of those centers left and would never make any more again........fast forward a couple of more years........I'm cruising the centerline website and they had an "overstock and discounted section" and low and behold there was my billet gn's listed in that section.........so I call them up and inquire about a set of 10"........he tells me that they are now 425$ apiece :eek:....I reply that doesn't sound like "overstock or discounted" to me......the salesman then proceeds to tell me how much machine work is involved, blah, blah...........so I called McCormack racing in Michigan to see if they can help me out, I tell the guy my story and he says that is one of the reasons they will never deal with centerline again.....I would advise anyone to spend their money elsewhere !