Cell phones

sonseeker

You guys and gals seem to know alot of info on a wide varity of things. We have Verizon and are up for new phones. In the area we live in recetion at times is spotty at best.? is is there a cell phone that has better reception than others? Or is Verizon blowing smoke to keep me as a customer. They stated a new tower in next few years will hep,been hearing this for years now.

Verizon does have about the best infrastucture available. But no cell carrier can have perfect coverage "everywhere". there are always going to be holes.

Have you updated your roaming list lately? dial *228, and then select option 2.

Yes we update very frequently.Also have taken phones over to Verizon store for them to update software.We were in your area last year with no problems same with Florida.

Yes some phones get better service than others do. I live in an area that is real bad about not having service. Two phones ago I had a Nokia it was the worst phone I have ever had, for the area that I used it in. Talk to someone at the phone store about witch phone works the best in that area that you have problems in. Try to take to the phone tect the guy who works on the phones they know more about the phones and how they work. I now have the razor and it works good still a lot of dead areas but better than some.
The free phone that they give you will never be a good phone if you have a problem area.

Yes, I'm one of those techs you refer to.

Don't get me started on Razors. :mad:

Yes, I'm one of those techs you refer to.

Don't get me started on Razors. :mad:

Dave, what verizon phones would you recommend? I currently have the moto krzr (sp?) and i'm not happy with it, i'm due for an upgrade next month.

Thanks.

Depends on your needs/wants. There are many good phones to choose from, and several to AVOID, from all of them, Moto, LG, Samsung. I'm not a sales agent, so any recommendations I would make would be from a servicabilty standpoint. Which is why I've avoided Motorola phones of any type, until the one I have now (Motorizr Z6tv). But there are many other good ones. As I said, what are your needs/wants.

TurboDave i went back to the verizon store and talked to the manager told him of the probs i am having.All i need is a basic phone no text,email,pics etc. or that kind of things.Features i like is viberate when in a group and possibly speaker. He said he would get the LG VX8350.Says it has the latest in processors without alot of features.Is this a good one or?

I had Verizon for a number of years, but, could never gert reception at my house. This year I went to each cell phone company site and look at the coverage map. I found that Sprint had the best coverage at my house, so I switched. I have not had any reception problems at all. Check the maps at each site.

TurboDave i went back to the verizon store and talked to the manager told him of the probs i am having.All i need is a basic phone no text,email,pics etc. or that kind of things.Features i like is viberate when in a group and possibly speaker. He said he would get the LG VX8350.Says it has the latest in processors without alot of features.Is this a good one or?

The 8350 is not a bad phone. Although if you want a bit more basic and less expensive I would recommend the LG 5400 (if they have it). The 8350 has a music player feature which you may not need. It's a follow-on to the wildly successful 8300.
There are two phones that have been extremely trouble free (from a technical standpoint) and they are the LG 5400, and the Motorola 385. Both fairly basic camera flip phones.

I had Verizon for a number of years, but, could never gert reception at my house. This year I went to each cell phone company site and look at the coverage map. I found that Sprint had the best coverage at my house, so I switched. I have not had any reception problems at all. Check the maps at each site.

I wish you luck! I know from whence I speak (used to work for them also). Glad you have coverage at your house. Hope it works as well everywhere else you go. You'll likely be paying your bill to someone else before the year is out.

When you speak about good cell phones, I will take my 1999 Motorola StarTac. It only does two things. It receives calls and makes calls. I have had such good luck with the phone that I am waiting for the thing to just quit on me and leave a dead shell.

But, until it does that, I can really swear by the StarTac. I am on Verizon and they have been trying for years to get me to reup my contract. I just tell them, no thanks, I am happy with the status quo.

TurboDave
I looked at the lg5400 in the store had big numbers and latest Bigger Screen that can be seen in daylight. He stated that it is not any better than the one i have now.Not the latest high power processor or something like that?I have the lgvx4650 which i like very well.

TurboDave
I looked at the lg5400 in the store had big numbers and latest Bigger Screen that can be seen in daylight. He stated that it is not any better than the one i have now.Not the latest high power processor or something like that?I have the lgvx4650 which i like very well.

You can always tell a "BS artist" salesman when they start using words like "high power processor". :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
If you're happy with the one you have stick with it.

You can always tell a "BS artist" salesman when they start using words like "high power processor". :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
If you're happy with the one you have stick with it.

QFT!!!!!!

I've been a phone salesman for the last 9yrs(manage a retail store now).... Take it from me, Dat there be da Truth!!!.

Salesmen are spoon fed their info directly from the phone company/ and manufacturers... who have an obvious vested interest in selling thier products.