CEL Flashing Very Rapidly, Car loses all power.

CuzzinOlaf

This happened twice in the last two days after getting my car back from having the transmission done. I drive along normal and all of a sudden I have no power, the checking engine light flashes very fast, and if I step on the gas it backfires and doesn’t really go. It still will start and run but when I hit the gas I have nothing. The first time it went away on its own and I was fine the rest of the night. It happened again today and after reading threads last night I tried reseating the chip and it seemed fine. I had to stop at Jimmy’s to pay him and he gave me some MAF cleaner and spray to clean the electrical connections and it hasn’t done it since I reseated the chip (5 miles from Jimmy's). I checked the battery terminals and everything and they seemed tight. I drove the car around another 30+ miles since cleaning the MAF and had no issues. It is pretty hot here today but this hasn’t happened since I bought the car over a month ago. Any ideas or suggestions? It is hard to troubleshoot when it does it sporadically and I have no clue what is causing it.