CCNA exam survivors?

kh440

Jo Bu needs a refill!
After at least 3 weeks of intensive studying and homework I THINK I'm finally ready for the dreaded Cisco certification exam. Anybody have any hints or pointers about what to expect?

Been there, done that, got a couple of (expired:rolleyes:) certs on the wall. I really haven't touched it in years due to my job going in a different direction.

Get a good nights sleep. If you don't know the material by now, an all night cram session isn't going to help. The test hasn't been pure multiple choice (guess:rolleyes:) for quite a few years. It has some interactive questions that can be tricky. It's a timed test, but take your time and go through it and get the ones you know out of the way and come back to the ones you skipped. Try to not second guess youself. Your 1st answer is right about 80% of the time.
John

Thank you for the interesting information. You can check here for more new information, Sevenmentor has created a CCNA Course in Mumbai to prepare students for an associate level job in the IT industry.

After at least 3 weeks of intensive studying and homework I THINK I'm finally ready for the dreaded Cisco certification exam. Anybody have any hints or pointers about what to expect?
Good luck! I took that thing 20 years ago. It was annoying.
Once you pass and get a job, just remember this, which Cisco doesn't teach because it crimps sales:

"I will not stretch Layer 2 outside of a cabinet."

They'll tell you you can expand STP/Fabricpath/whatevertheycallitthisweek to large scale. don't do it. It locks you in to their hardware, and it WILL take out the entire network on you at some point.