cbarge1969 Bad seller

Super Kaz

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/threads/1986-gn-roller.386213/

Went to look at this "86 GN" he is selling. Drive two and half hours just to get there and its a 84 regal with GN parts, drive train, vin tag swapped on it. The vin tag is held on by two flat head sheet metal screws. His reply to this is he "re-bodied it". I asked him if it was a real GN before I made the trip, and never once did he even hint at it being like this. Very much misrepresented what he was selling.

What you fail to mention is that the basic shell/tub is all that has been replaced. As i have said before, i have owned this car since 1991. I drove the wheels off my car through winter,spring, summer and fall for almost 15 years with a re-paint in 1996. by 2006 the body: inner and outer rockers, floor pans, quarter panels, trunk floor, inner and outer wheel houses were all rotting away. I found perfect condition(no rust, dents or dings) 84 regal to donate its body panels. left with the option of cutting up a mint shell to cut and weld back together a rotted shell that would not be as straight, solid and structually SAFE as a factory car I decided to replace the shell with one that was like new. In case your wondering this is not an un-common practice with vehicles needing major repair to make safe and is cost prohibitive. You also fail to mention that I told you that if you wanted could get under car and cross check all VIN stampings against the title. You declined. If you wanted to do a title search you would see my ownership of this car goes all the way back to 1991. And if it were possible you could get a copy of the cancelled check from GM Financing as I paid off the remaining balance due to GM from the original owner. The parts required to collect, not to mention have all the correct important numbers match, to turn a regal into a GN is astronomical. A person can buy a GN cheaper than they can clone one. A replaced shell is no different than a front clip and frame replaced because of a bad wreck or the back half being cut off and replaced because of being rear ended hard or a shell being replaced because a steel i-beam fell on top of it. replacing these parts would not disqualify it as a GN, only one that has been repaired. I'm sorry if you feel duped. That certainly was not my intention. I am not a liar nor a thief. My only intent was to make a little extra money that i could use right now and give someone a chance to get into a GN with most of the work done without going broke.

It's not like I get there and it has different doors on it or front clip. Yes I did run a auto check on it it has been the same owner since 1993. The problem is you took the vin plate off your GN and screwed it to a regal shell and tried to pass it off like it's no big deal. Yes the front clip is off your GN along with pass door and the deck lid. If you have been up front with this I would have never made the trip. I want nothing to do with a car that has a vin plate held on by two sheet metal screws. To me thats just asking for trouble down the road. Refund my deposit and were done here. I sent you a pay pal request.

Did a little research. According to the Indiana DMV what you did is a felony.

What you fail to mention is that the basic shell/tub is all that has been replaced. As i have said before, i have owned this car since 1991. I drove the wheels off my car through winter,spring, summer and fall for almost 15 years with a re-paint in 1996. by 2006 the body: inner and outer rockers, floor pans, quarter panels, trunk floor, inner and outer wheel houses were all rotting away. I found perfect condition(no rust, dents or dings) 84 regal to donate its body panels. left with the option of cutting up a mint shell to cut and weld back together a rotted shell that would not be as straight, solid and structually SAFE as a factory car I decided to replace the shell with one that was like new. In case your wondering this is not an un-common practice with vehicles needing major repair to make safe and is cost prohibitive. You also fail to mention that I told you that if you wanted could get under car and cross check all VIN stampings against the title. You declined. If you wanted to do a title search you would see my ownership of this car goes all the way back to 1991. And if it were possible you could get a copy of the cancelled check from GM Financing as I paid off the remaining balance due to GM from the original owner. The parts required to collect, not to mention have all the correct important numbers match, to turn a regal into a GN is astronomical. A person can buy a GN cheaper than they can clone one. A replaced shell is no different than a front clip and frame replaced because of a bad wreck or the back half being cut off and replaced because of being rear ended hard or a shell being replaced because a steel i-beam fell on top of it. replacing these parts would not disqualify it as a GN, only one that has been repaired. I'm sorry if you feel duped. That certainly was not my intention. I am not a liar nor a thief. My only intent was to make a little extra money that i could use right now and give someone a chance to get into a GN with most of the work done without going broke.

A replace shell is WAY different from a front clip replacement !!! Your car is no longer a GN!!!!!!!!. It is a clone, Re VIN'd Regal that can not even be registered. You can not, by Federal Law, remove the VIN tag and just attach to another vehicle. Call your State Highway Patrol and explain to them what you did. I guarantee you they will pay you a visit and may just confiscate it on the spot. What would make you think you could just move the tag? I can see keeping the tag to show a potential buyer to explain what you did, but you have now destroyed the donor shell as well. Your GN title does no belong to the tub. The tub doesnt have the correct VIN. Now you have a car that has damn near no value other than parts if they dont take from you.

Bryan

You are right and I was very wrong. When I made the decision to re-body the car it was the belief that I was never going to get rid of it. It was going to be the one ride that I was going to keep till I couldn't drive no more. But circumstances( medical bills) forces me to sell the only car I ever wanted to keep. I never intended to scam anyone. But, that's how it appears and since there is no benefit of doubt on the internet I suck it up and take my jabs and criticism. That's also why car is no longer for sale. Has already been deleted or edited on other forums to show not for sale. Have looked at how to do this on this forum but have had no luck figuring out how. In the mean time car will be put back in storage until I can get the time to disassemble and sell for parts. Appologies to all I have offended.

Hey, shit happens. Do yourself a favor and call the State Highway patrol and explain what you did, ask them what to do about getting the car issued a new VIN. They deal with this stuff a lot. As long as you are honest with them you can get it done. Refund the deposit. Then just move on, lesson learned. Good luck.

Bryan