CAT girdle?

Renato Velati

What are your thoughts on the CAT girdle? I see quite a few who have used this girdle, and where there any problems on the install,etc...:confused:

Well, that settles that.:biggrin:

What are your thoughts on the CAT girdle? I see quite a few who have used this girdle, and where there any problems on the install,etc...:confused:

i have used several of them over the last couple years------i haven't had any problems with some of the items mentioned -------no missing parts and i make custom spacers for shims-------the real big problem i have had is that they are not FLAT-------place them on a granite surface block and you can find places where you can insert feeler gauges of rather thick dimensions under them in places--------some are warped to the point where you can actually rock them a little on the surface plate---------i am fortunate in that i have a surface grinder and can face both sides to within a few tenths---------this would cost you a couple hundred dollars minimum at most shops but i dont see how you could skip this step if you really wanted to get it right---------unless you get a perfectly flat one------- but judging by the way they are machined there is good chance of heat related warping--------just my thoughts and experiences................RC

If Anyone Needs One Surfaced I Have A Surface Grinder .i Also Have A Lathe,milling Machine, Welding Machine A Complete Machine Shop In Other Words.if Anybody Needs Help Let Me Know. I Live In The Los Angeles Area.there Is Really No Science To A Girdle,as Long As It Clearenced And Flat You Should Be Ok.if I Can Get A Group Buy I Can Have Probe Industries Make Them For Me.