Caspers Ramchargers Harness Splice Help

Victory

Still A Noob...
I brought a Ramcharger fan setup that came with the standalone fan harness. I brought the GN fan connector from Caspers and I need help splicing it in correctly to run off the low fan relay as their Buick specific harness does. In the picture the four wire connector goes to the standalone fan switch that's supposed to go installed in the passenger compartment.

Could someone help me out with what goes where on the connector splice?

Thanks a bunch.

Attachments

• Harness-Splice.jpg
    Harness-Splice.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 123
hope this helps

this is from racetronix, but applies to the same issue

Cut off the Valeo 4-position fan connector leaving as much wire as possible.
Trim back the black covering on the black/yellow/green wires by 2.5"
Place the green wire through one blue seal supplied.
Place the yellow wire through one blue seal supplied.
Place the two black wires through one blue seal supplied.
Strip the ends of the green, yellow and two black wires by 3/16".
Using a pair of 'B' crimpers or fine tip pliers crimp the wires onto the supplied terminals as shown.
Using a pair of round crimpers or fine tip pliers crimp the back terminal ears around the blue seals as shown.
Solder the terminals as shown. Do no get solder anywhere other than on the crimp area as shown.
Apply some supplied silicone grease to the seals and inlets of the wires to help seal and insertion.
Insert the black wire(s) into channel 'C' of the supplied connector.
Insert the green wire into channel 'B' of the supplied connector.
Insert the yellow wire into channel 'A' of the supplied connector.
Insert the TPA / black terminal lock on the backside of the connector
The yellow and green wires can be reversed as it is a combination of both having power that provides high fan function.

Pictures for review:
Index of /Manuals/RX-G7-DFH
Please view this thread for more tips:
racetronix fan harness? - t6p.com - Turbo Buick Regal Resource

Whoa! Don't use the Racetronix instructions. Their product requires you to cut wires and add connectors.

You don't cut any wires with the Caspers harness. It's genuinely Plug And Play.

Go to:

http://www.installationinstructions.com/109069.pdf

for instructions. The other pigtail you show in the image is the OEM fan sub-harness. You won't use that part.

Thanks for the replies.

John,

I don't have the GN specific harness. What came with the fans is this:

Fan Control Harness For RAMCHARGERS Dual Fans Standalone Harness

what I purchased from you is this:

Coolant Fan Harness - 86/87

to try to make this:

Dual Fan Relay Harness 86-87 GN/Regal turbo

I'm trying to figure out how to splice the harness in so the fans will run automatically as well as me being able to control it with the supplied switch.

Maybe I'm not explaining myself clear enough.

The harness that came with the fan has a four pin socket. Into it goes a switch that gets installed in the driver comparment. The switch has a center off position, a up "high speed" position and a down "low" speed position. Low speed is controlled by a resistor in the switch itself. I've connected the negative (black) wire to the alt ground and the positive (red) wire to the battery and everything works. Switch up - high speed, switch down - low speed.

From reading and searching I've learned that the wire "3" is ground, "2" is the high relay, and "1" is the low relay on the stock replacement connector I brought.

What I beleive I may have to do is splice the number "3" connector into the green and white wire going to the switch (controlling the high speed) and splice the "1" ground connector into the main ground going to the alt in order so when the stock system low relay "turns on" it will turn on the fans (on high speed).

This is basically what the Casper Buick specific Ramcharger harness does, but I don't want to buy and install that and lose the manual control and I also don't want to splice away without consulting with you guys.

I hope this is clearer...help.

Thanks.