Caspers New Cam Sensor Cap

SGRIM

Owner/Admin TB.com
Staff member
Caspers New Cam Sensor Cap, anyone have experience.

Put it on it cured my problem but the light stays on no matter where you turn it.

I used the tool on my old cap and the light would only come on in one position. Do not understand why come on with that cap because it most have been bad. New one car start.

Anyway put two of them on and soon as you turn switch on light comes on even if not on the bottom part of the sensor. What I am trying to say you can hold up in air with plug up and light is on!

We set by the Fuel pump. That might sound STUPID. But there was one spot we could set it and the F/P would kick on. Tried to start and fired right up.

I e-mailed caspers if no one else knows I will let you know what they said. Just happy car is running.

having the exact same problem, did you figure out what the deal is, or does anybody else know?

Still trying to figure this one out. Anybody have a clue?
Ended up setting the cap the old way, but light still stays on no matter what.

Caspers

Just talked to John at Caspers, super nice. He is going to check out the problem and post answer on board. Great service thanks!

Thanks, guess I should have called John also.
Good product just wanted to find out if it was something I did or if it was a internal problem with cap. Looking forward to finding out.

I'm looking into it now. I can't get it to happen on any caps I have on the shelf. It's sure odd though....
The internal Hall sensor works independently of the LED drive circuit, which is why the sensor works even though the LED stays on.
The LED should stay on when the car is running, but should blink during cranking.

I'll figure it out though, and post when I get it down to an explanation. In the meantime, if you PM me, I'll send you a replacement. I would like to have that one here so I can check it out.

-John Spina
www.casperselectronics.com

I have one also that I just recently purchased (a month ago). The LED will not go out but will dim ever so slightly when it is supposed to be out. I set it according to the instructions assuming that when it dimmed it was supposed to be off. Bottom line is it worked and I got it set according to the instructions supplied with the cap.

Just out of curiousity, check to see if it dims a bit when it is supposed to be off.

The one I purchased has worked flawlessly. It's a great product and I know John will do right you. He's a great vendor and a great guy!

THanks again for the help troubleshooting my problem with my car at the nats John.

I just installed my Caspers unit and I'm having the same issue. The light stays on and dims when set in the right place. I've got the car running but it was a bitch to figure out what was going on.

John, any updates.

Doug D

I have not got back

I have been so busy I have not had time to send back like they requested. They are very nice about it and want to figure out problem too. Said send back no problem. I will post answer when I get time to send off. If any ones figures it out first let me know Thanks.

I have had two of these sensors returned to me, both with the same problem where the LED does not turn off. This is weird, but I put both of them on my car, and they worked fine. Now it makes me think, maybe it has to do with the CCCI module. Mine is an OEM Delco module but I don't have an aftermarket module to test, so if anyone has this problem, I am posing the question: Are you using an OEM module or an aftermarket module? This is the only thing I can think of in which it could cause the LED to stay on.
In both cases, it's just the LED circuit, not the sensor itself, so the sensor still works properly, just the LED is what's acting up.
I can use any feedback you have...

Thanks,
John Spina
www.casperselectronics.com

Mine is OEM

My module and coil are stock. All electrical componets on my car is stock except for the ECM which was moddified for the injectors. Anybody else with this problem have a modded ECM?

John, last year I was troubleshooting a cam (or maybe crank sensor) problem on a friend's car, and I found that when I checked the sensor ground pin on the module it was about 1.5 K ohms to the case of the modue, not roughly zero as I expected. The module still ran okay on the car but it may have had a problem with your tester - it's been too long to remember clearly, sorry. Anyway, if you depend on a low-resistance ground that may explain it.

I also have a modded ECM, but the new cap I recieved is working fine so far(Thanks John). I'll check on the module to find out if it is stock or not.

Sorry to revive an old thread but this is all that my search brought up. This morning I went to work on my car because I've had a code 41 come up on my car. I've been chasing the code & can't seem to fix it. So I decided to swap out my caspers cam sensor cap for another caspers cam sensor cap just to be sure that wasn't my problem. Upon installing & trying to adjust I noticed that the light stayed on. Troubled by this I decided to install my original caspers cam sensor back on, light stayed on as well. I was confused as hell & still am. I disconnected the sensor & plugged my caspers cam setting tool in & it also made the light stay on. I'm at a loss for words trying to figure this out. Someone help. Buick is driving me nuts with all these issues.

The most likely reason is the module; if it isn't a stock 87 Delco module, the light won't work properly. Aftermarket modules (there are at least 6 different designs) were not patterned after the original GM design and use different voltages within the module. The cap was designed many years ago, with the original GM module. Back then, there were no aftermarket modules.

That said, the cap should work normally otherwise. The sensor part is identical to the OEM sensor within the cap.

The most likely reason is the module; if it isn't a stock 87 Delco module, the light won't work properly. Aftermarket modules (there are at least 6 different designs) were not patterned after the original GM design and use different voltages within the module. The cap was designed many years ago, with the original GM module. Back then, there were no aftermarket modules.

That said, the cap should work normally otherwise. The sensor part is identical to the OEM sensor within the cap.
That's just it. It was working normal with same coil & module. Even with the cap off the base & having cam sensor tool in the light stays on.