Casper's Knock Gauge questionl

Bruce Urie

The Ventures,CCR forever!
Hey, fellas....my wonderful wife got me a Caspers Knock gauge for my birthday today....so two questions come to mind:

1) This gauge used to have a single green light down in the middle of the gauge with the green/yellow/red leds circling the top of the gauge.....mine has this single light eliminated.....any reasons for this? Just curious about it.

2) The hook-up terminals on it says A-Battery +, B-Battery -, C-Signal, yellow black stripe...B7.......Is this gauge hooked on the Battery + to a switched circuit? Or directly to the battery?
The yellow black stripe B7 wire I presume to be in the computer...so do I tie it in with a butt connector on the outside of the computer or do I wire it directly inside the computer? Never had a knock gauge before, but because of all you guys excellent recommendations here on this forum, I went for it....you guys...the pros knows...

And hope all of you had a nice Christmas! Me, I got a new bass guitar from my wife, then for my birthday today..I got the strings!!!!.....:rolleyes: Same when I was a kid...for Christmas I got the toy car, the day after, on my birthday, I got the batteries to power it....gotta save money, you know.

Well, your help on my new knock gauge would be very much appreciated.....John Spina, I say to you, a great product and you sure are a great, kind asset to the Turbo Regal crowd here. What a fantastic, impressive company you have....I'm so envious!

Bruce '87 Grand National

1. the new one does not have the single led in the middle cause people requested it be removed (always on in your face)
2. hook it to one of the ign ports in the fuse box so it does not have power during cranking of the engine (i think its ign3)
the yellow/black strip should be soldered to the knock gauge wire from the harness

merry christmas! i hope you never have to see it light up :)

KidGlock and SS502...I can't thank you enough for your help....such a fast reply...I really appreciate...the diagram page, SS502 was excellent for me....I printed it out...

The both of you, thank you kindly for your help....and don't worry, I'll stay out of the red.

Man, I can always depend on you guys for the help I need....Shane, Jay....this site is slow for me, but it's worth it's weight in gold...thanks for keeping it going.

Bruce '87 Grand National

Hey, fellas....my wonderful wife got me a Caspers Knock gauge for my birthday today....
And hope all of you had a nice Christmas! ....
Bruce '87 Grand National

My wife got one too-from Santa! ( the MIA Santa smilie)
AND she was actually happy about it :eek: