Caspers heated o2???

dees75z

Need opinions on this guys. Is this pretty much a given??? really thinking about getting this because stock sensor and bung is junked and I am going to have to get one anyways.

Thanks,
dee

I personally do not see any advantage to a heated o2 sensor. The downpipe heats up really fast along with the o2 sensor. Why heat the 02 sensor early? Who ever gets into the turbo before the car is warmed up? I never could get an answer to these questions so I saved my money and stayed stock. Brad

I personally do not see any advantage to a heated o2 sensor. The downpipe heats up really fast along with the o2 sensor. Why heat the 02 sensor early? Who ever gets into the turbo before the car is warmed up? I never could get an answer to these questions so I saved my money and stayed stock. Brad

X2
If you run "Race gas", the inaccurate heated O2 may last a little longer.
Spend the $$ on a WB. :cool:

Edit;
The TT chip is open loop at idle/WOT anyway, so the code does not rely on the O2 values for fueling.

Well I have an Accel DFI gen 6 now and don't know what to do about the o2 reading. Haven't read the literature that much on wether or not I can run an analog input from a WB to the DFI to log it correctly. I was going to get the TT chip, but, for the little bit of extra money I spent on this unit it was worth I think. So I have a little expierence with the LM-1 and getting ready to put a PLX unit in another car. Trying not to run alot of gauges in the car and just use the laptop for the most part. Any suggestions??

Thanks,
dee

Well I have an Accel DFI gen 6 now and don't know what to do about the o2 reading. Haven't read the literature that much on wether or not I can run an analog input from a WB to the DFI to log it correctly. I was going to get the TT chip, but, for the little bit of extra money I spent on this unit it was worth I think. So I have a little expierence with the LM-1 and getting ready to put a PLX unit in another car. Trying not to run alot of gauges in the car and just use the laptop for the most part. Any suggestions??

Thanks,
dee
See what happens to me when I Ass-U-Me??? :mad:
Sorry, can help with any aftermarket engine management stuff. :eek:

lmao, it's ok. I listen to what you guys have to say alot, since I am still a newbie, lol.

Your signature reads bone stock 85. If this is true you have no future in what you are trying to achieve. You are about to create an electrical nightmere you may not ever recover from. My advice based on your signature is completly convert the Ignition system and ECM to the 87 level. Do your homework. Then contemplate your idea. My 2 cents. Brad

Well I already have an 87' coil and module. Why would I need an 87' ecu if I have the DFI??? I need to upadate my signature, lol. I have pt6765rh, DFI GEN 6, 55#'s, PATS 3500 non l/u, built trans, IC, 87' coil and module, TB relocation, 1:1 Adj. regulator, 6an line for feed and return, modified and ported pass. side header, nice Aluminum Rad, f-body dual fans and getting ready to get either a 340 or 2 255's haven't decided yet. Does that help??

So nobody else wants to chime in on this?? I assume this is a useless thing to purchase from Caspers??

i'll chime in for my personal benifit with a question , when you relocated the TB , where did you hook up the pcv valve?

I never saw an actual pcv valve just the vent tube off of the oil fill neck. It is going to go to a catch can. Hope that helps, lol.

The only thing I saw on the TB was the vaccum distribution block. Not really worried about that anyway for myself, lol