Caspers cam sensor cap

Turbo6Tech84

Just recently changed out my timing chain and got everything together. So i installed the cam sensor and the new cap followed the directions I got. Now the problem I have is the while the car is running the light on the cap just keeps blinking. As far as I know its suppose to stay lit while the car is running and only blinks when starting. Any indeas why the cap just keeps blinking while running.

Is that an answer or a question? I set it twice already and its the same thing. TDC on compression stroke rotate counter clockwise until red light comes on tighten the hold down nut then center the cap. While running the light is blinking its real odd id say. Unless I didnt set the crank sensor correctly but I gauged it up not rubbing. The car is running ok from what i see. Even the cam sensor looked identical in the picture. The window is facing D/S so I dont know what i did wrong.

Mine dose the same thing The instructions say that it should only blink while cranking and stay lit while running...HHHMMM?

I am not very experienced with this cap.:confused:

So when a customer came with one on his car and it was blinking, I removed the entire cam sensor and re-installed it like I have done over the past 20+ years with the same procedure. It no longer flashed, and the car ran better.:)

Oh, I used my old, battered Casper's cam setting tool!:biggrin:

at the end of the day i had removed the caspers cam sensor cap and installed
an oem sensor from Kirban's just to be on the safe side.for some crazy reson
i was having a hard time setting it up properly. i ended up using an volt-meter
to make proper adjustment to the sensor as it reads 7 ohms and the minute i turned it clockwise it would read 0 which is where i wanted to be.so far with
200+ miles on her 0 problem. Starts up just like new:biggrin:

i have the sensor on mine no problems here.I put motor to tdc.Turned cap per directions and away i went.light is solid when running and blinks when cranking.I put it on then slowly turned it till went on then back till just off then back to on real slow.Bingo bango it runs o....

Crap, mine blinks when running too. I wonder if I did something wrong now....maybe 180 out?:confused:

Crap, mine blinks when running too. I wonder if I did something wrong now....maybe 180 out?:confused:

This is turning into a funny thread. I have seen at least three local guys with them installed. I figured they all blink when running. Like a strobe show under the hood at night. I have one, just not installed yet.

Maybe John Spina (GNVenom) can chime in on this one and tell us what we're doing wrong, lol.

Called casper's Ele. and talk to John and he said that if it blinks it is fine.That the window going around is going passed the cam sensor and it will shout off the light every time it goes past the sensor.

Well im still confused, I had mine that wasa flashing and it ran fine, I bought a new ignition module and put it on and the light quit flashing but the car was running funny so I took the module off and put the old one back on and light went back to flashing but is running fine so whats the scoop on this?????:confused: :confused: :confused: