Cars acting up sense double pumper install

rolled into part throttle sgain today A/f is 13 then when it gets to 8psi ish it goes to 15.2 and car loses all power And with it running I was getting 38psi. I plugged in the other pump and it went up to 80psi and was fluttering at 80.

Weighed the car today tho. 3480 no driver full tank of gas

You can't turn on the second pump at idle with stock fuel lines...the return line is overwhelmed...that's why you see the high fuel PSI...sounds like a fuel delivery problem...if you don't have a FP gauge either inside or on the hood get one that has a long braided line...hook it to the fuel rail a tape the gauge to the windshield...go out and get into boost...see what the FP is...you may want someone else to watch the guage while you drive...as stated it could be a loose hose in the tank...restriction in the fuel line...etc...

Who's double pumper do you have?...I assume you have a Hobbs switch to turn on the 2nd pump...what is that set at ...maybe it's set too low and the 2nd pump is coming on way too early and overwhelming the return line like it did at idle...I have my Hobbs set at around 15-20 PSI...

I have a Hobbs switch that's set at 17psi. It is racetronix kit. I took it out bc I was going to see if it did it with both pumps running all the time

The issues r happening before 2nd comes on

You really need to see the FP when getting into boost...if it dropping off or not rising as boost rises you have a fuel delivery problem...like pump not working as it should...loose hose...etc or a restriction somewhere

I was going to get an adjustable reg from fullthrottle. Should I get the gauge first and see what's going on? Any idea where I can get one to mount in car. Don't really want a hood mount

I have a fp gauge in car already but the electric thing that goes onto rail was leaking so it was removed so really that's all I need

Hooked up a fp gauge and the fuel pressure is not raising with boost. When easily into throttle just enough for it to spool and build boost the pressure stays at 38-39 until 8-10psi where it falls off to 35ish and flutters a tiny bit

Hooked up a fp gauge and the fuel pressure is not raising with boost. When easily into throttle just enough for it to spool and build boost the pressure stays at 38-39 until 8-10psi where it falls off to 35ish and flutters a tiny bit
Man, that certaintly sounds like what mine is doing...Rolling gradually into throttle and let it build boost slowly it's ok.....I have yet to see my pressure fall off like what you described, however I do see a little fluttering....

Did you switch the plug to the other pump to see if it's working? Sounds like it's going to need to go back to Racetronix for testing.

I've got way to much money and time into this dual setup to just pull it and buy another one Also I haven't gone past 30% throttle this year so I'm not worried about kaboom

Have you tried to resolve this issue with our techs in our support forum????
Please keep in mind that every DP that leaves here is performance tested.

Racetronix said:
Have you tried to resolve this issue with our techs in our support forum????
Please keep in mind that every DP that leaves here is performance tested.

No but I just registered. Just waiting for it to be accepted

With the car running with gauge hooked up before I could shut down car and the unhook gauge from rail with no pressure there still. I swapped to a Bosch 237 from the junk yard to help diag and when I key off the pressure stays and when I unhook from rail it releases the pressure and gas goes everywhere. Is it safe to say the fpr was my problem?

it should have pressure when you shut it down no mattter what set up you have.if it bleeds off fast,you have a leak in the system somewhere. i have the same pump set up and love it. when i first started mine pressure was sky high,it should be @43psi with vac off.when you switch to other pump you need to check fuel pressure again,i switched to make sure both worked and fouled a set of plugs. change that reg and verify where your pressure is and start over.

Line hooked up its 40psi now with the 237 reg. with the 233 it was 38ish but like I said pressure was not being held when I turned car off. It's raining so I can drive it but in hoping it was causing my original issue of fp falling off coming into boost

BIGPSI said:
it should have pressure when you shut it down no mattter what set up you have.if it bleeds off fast,you have a leak in the system somewhere. i have the same pump set up and love it. when i first started mine pressure was sky high,it should be @43psi with vac off.when you switch to other pump you need to check fuel pressure again,i switched to make sure both worked and fouled a set of plugs. change that reg and verify where your pressure is and start over.

Ya I've driven prob 15miles with both hooked up. How do I know if I fouled a plug?