Is my fuel pressure regulator sufficient for my combo?

The Darkside

Heavy Metal Thunder
You can see in my signature my combo.... The fuel pressure regulator I'm using is about 14 years old now... It's a Bosch adjustable, numbers on it are 0 280 160 233... Ive been having some tuning issues, cant seem to get my o2s up from the low 700's no matter how much I add in via the chip @ wot... Anyways, besides checking to be sure my pump is putting out enough fuel, I was just wanting to make sure the regulator wasn't a weak spot... I was thinking of getting an accufab regulator, but just wanted to get some advice first.... Thanks

The Darkside

the -233 is a stock Bosch FPR . it's not adjustable from the factory. Its a 2.5 Bar unit ( about 37 psi with vac line off ) so this is most likely holding you back. Go to an adjustable Accufab FPR so you can up the press to 43 psi ( or whatever works with your combo ) vac off or go buy a -237 fpr unit ( 3Bar , about 44psi ) like i did ..

Its the 89 TTA regulator if you want stock appearing and to not confuse the hell out of your local parts counter.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

When I first bought the car back in 1998 it was 100% stock.. There was a shop here that worked on GN's & they upgraded a few things for me including the regulator... Could have been Kirban's, Red Armstrong or Eastern Performance...I don't remember where he ordered it from. It has a set screw on the top that is used to adjust the pressure & it appears to be working fine. It's set at 43 line off. Injectors are currently 60 lb mototrons & the fuel pump is a DW300...