Carolina Clubs

I don't know of any, but would definitely be in if there was :cool:. I'm located just north of the speedway.

Cool.. I'm in Mooresville.. Just finished a total rebuild. Years ago I lived in S.C and was a member of the performance buicks of the Carolina. do you run your car at all? what have you done to it?

I'm not too far from you. I live just off NC 3 near Kannapolis. Judging from your sig I'm way behind you from a performance standpoint. I've got a gunmetal grey '87 Turbo T with factory posi and blacked out trim. Was completely original when I bought it. So, other than minor restoration parts not a lot done. I did install some flowmasters, K&N filter, a TurboTweak street 93 octane chip, tint, and some GN wheels. Haven't cut any timeslips since the mid '90s (kids and wife dictate otherwise), but still enjoy going to watch :cool:.

I know how that is... I've owned this car since 1986. Once upon a time it was a hot air car. However, once the IC cars came out I felt compelled to "keep up with the big boys". I've owned an 86 and 87 but my heart was with the 85. Over the years i've done so much to the car I could never depart with it. I've attached a couple of pics of my set up. As you can see,
I wanted to keep the hot air set up but get the max performance out of it. How long have you had your TR?

Attachments

• gn1 (3).jpg
    gn1 (3).jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 147
  • gn3 (2).jpg
    gn3 (2).jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 154
I've only had this one since October of last year. Years ago me and a buddy worked on a WE4 that we ran at Mooresville and Shuffletown. The car was total loss in a wreck when a guy ran a red light and nailed it. I've been looking for a TR ever since, but seemed to either always have another project going or couldn't find the right one. To say that the tuning and aftermarket parts have changed over the years is an understatement, but they're still the same awesome cars they've always been. I'm just glad I finally ended up with one. I've got a 57 Chevy 2dr belair and a 68 Camaro SS that are finished also. But I find myself piling in the TR and driving it more than anything. Comfortable, practical, and a little speed. You can't beat that.

if you even come down towards greenville or new bern theres a few of us in that neck of the woods.

Also brian at gbodyparts is in ahoskie, so if you need parts you can get them pretty quick.

There is the GM Turbo 6 group . We have met at the steak and lube off speedway blvd. Contact Cheryl.. I think NCTYPHOON or SLOGN, They can help.

There is the GM Turbo 6 group . We have met at the steak and lube off speedway blvd. Contact Cheryl.. I think NCTYPHOON or SLOGN, They can help.

Yeah, and we even let in H/A cars :) . Two of our "core" members were born that way. One has converted but the other remains true to his H/A roots. You can find us at:

GM_TURBO6 : GM_TURBO6

We have get togethers about once a month or so in different areas of the state, usually centered around the Piedmont area but it's a car group, "We ain't afraid to drive!" :D

Great to know. I've owned two other IC cars but I held on to my original hot air. I purchased it back in 86 and it hasn't left the garage since. I signed up on the site you mentioned. thanks a bunch..

Gm Turbo 6

GM Turbo 6 don't have anything planned for the month of may. This is mostly due to most folks to the the GS Nationals located in Bowling Green KY.

But if there are some people interested we can plan something for those that will not be attending the GS Nats.

Someone throw out some sugesstions please.

thanks pat broughton

BTW thanks Jennifer and Randy for providing info to the new members.

There's a few more of us in the Charlotte area... :cool: We just don't get out as much as we used to... :biggrin:

I'm in Harrisburg, and there's always a car or two or three hanging around! We might need to plan another get together here soon.

K.

I joined up on the GM TURBO6 site today :cool:. My profile isn't revealing all of the required info for some reason, so I listed it in the database section. Hopefully ya'll won't kick me off. I'm looking forward to the next get together in the Charlotte area as long as my work schedule permits. Someone said that you use to hit the Quaker Steak & Lube on occasion.....maybe a possibility? There's plenty of other places around Speedway Blvd. if someone didn't like that location.

GM Turbo 6 don't have anything planned for the month of may. This is mostly due to most folks to the the GS Nationals located in Bowling Green KY.

But if there are some people interested we can plan something for those that will not be attending the GS Nats.

Someone throw out some sugesstions please.

thanks pat broughton

BTW thanks Jennifer and Randy for providing info to the new members.

I'm all for the cookout at Jordan (since I'm 10 miles away in Apex :biggrin:)

ok so far we have

Jordan lake cook-out

or quaker steak and lube

i'll post that on the Gm-turbo 6 board and see what happens!