Carlisle Needs Your Cars!

gmcarlisle

Hi Guys,

I had a chance to meet a lot of MAGNA members back in December at the regional meeting in Delaware. My name is Tyler Staley, and I am the GM event manager here at Carlisle. I wanted to make another push for Turbo Buick invitational cars - I only have one! Jim Chaudrue (phillyturbosix) was kind enough to help me with getting the word out for the GM show this year. As many know, we'll be featuring the whole family of Turbo Buick cars (1978-1987). So, please be sure to sign up and come to the show! You can also apply for an invitational, which is free, and possibly earn an inside spot to display your car.
The show is from June 21-23.

Go ahead and fire off any questions you have. I'll do my best to answer promptly!

Just to give readers a heads up I am a guest speaker at GM at Carlisle this June conducting two seminars that Saturday one on Hurst and one on Turbo Regals. Both topics I know quite a bit about.

Lets see a good showing this year as the GM segment at Carlisle has always been the weakest event of the single car lines they do during the summer. The facilities are great.

Hope to see many of you there.

dennniskirban@yahoo.com

Tyler - I might be interested. Like to get more information. Do I have to be there everyday? Where do I sign up? Am I able to display my car? Just looking to see what the process is for Carlisle.

Thanks,

Ted

Ted,
The invitational display (inside a building) would require your car to be there everyday. If you wanted to attend on the general show field, you can come any day you like. You can pre-register for the show (covers all 3 days) for $36. You can also show up the day of the event and pay on the spot for one day of showing. We only do pre-registration for all 3 days, rather than just one. If you go to www.carlisleevents.com, click on the GM page, and scroll down a bit, you will see the Turbo Buick Celebration heading with the link to apply. Let me know if you have any other questions, hope to see you there!

Tyler - I might be interested. Like to get more information. Do I have to be there everyday? Where do I sign up? Am I able to display my car? Just looking to see what the process is for Carlisle.

Thanks,

Ted

Tyler,

I haven't been to Carlisle in forever! However, I do remember that getting a hotel room was near impossible unless you booked about a year in advance. How is the hotel situation for this event? I have both a GN and a Limited. Not sure if I can bring both. If not, do you have a preference on which one I would bring? When is the latest that you would need a commitment from me to ensure a spot in the building?

Rich

I can attend definitely. Do i sign up on the Carlisle Events website? I've been itching to finally go to a show with my recently running GN!

Tyler,

I haven't been to Carlisle in forever! However, I do remember that getting a hotel room was near impossible unless you booked about a year in advance. How is the hotel situation for this event? I have both a GN and a Limited. Not sure if I can bring both. If not, do you have a preference on which one I would bring? When is the latest that you would need a commitment from me to ensure a spot in the building?

Rich

Hi Rich! The hotel situation can still be a bit tough. They are building 2 brand new hotels near the Turn Pike, so you may see an increase in hotel availability, though. We do offer on-site camping for really cheap (around $35), but of course you do not have AC. I would welcome both of your cars, and I am particularly interested in the Limited (had none apply). Is that an original turbo 6 in that? If you wanted to submit for invitational, go to the carlisle events website, click on the "GM Show" section, scoll down to the heading that says "Turbo Buick Celebration" and click the link that says "invitational application."

If you submi your car, I will be sending out acceptance letters for people in about 1 1/2 weeks, then I just need to know by May 1. Just follow the directions on the link, and you are welcome to submit both cars. Even if I just have the Limited inside, you can still register the GN for regualr show field and have the Limited in the building, that's cool. Shoot me an email at tylers@carlisleevents.com or call at 717-243-7855 x 124 (8 am - 5 pm) and I'd be happy to chat. Thanks for the interest!