CarGuard Column Cover Owners Beware!!!

BlkDm0n

Hey just thought I'd give you guys out there a heads up. I went to work this morning around 8am and parked my car as usual. At lunch time I head out to get a sandwich and notice my rear view mirror cocked to one side. I open my door to find my carguard column cover sitting on the passenger seat when thats not wear I left it. My steering column is broken and my lower dash has been ripped completely off. The wires are hanging everywhere. The ignition switch is on and my radio and fuel pump are running. What pisses me off is that the guy the column guard wasn't even in that bad of shape. Only my multiple theft deterrents saved my car. To the guys out there who may be relying on that red hunk of metal be careful. I used to feel well protect with that thing. Well I guess its a GPS based tracking system for me.

How did it appear broken? What region are you located? Not trying to get secrets out but curious. I use mine but also other devices. Nothing is 100% foolproof but I've heard of enough cars saved by them. Multiple devices are key, make the douchebags work for it!

Glad your GN was saved :eek: :)

Hey just thought I'd give you guys out there a heads up. I went to work this morning around 8am and parked my car as usual. At lunch time I head out to get a sandwich and notice my rear view mirror cocked to one side. I open my door to find my carguard column cover sitting on the passenger seat when thats not wear I left it. My steering column is broken and my lower dash has been ripped completely off. The wires are hanging everywhere. The ignition switch is on and my radio and fuel pump are running. What pisses me off is that the guy the column guard wasn't even in that bad of shape. Only my multiple theft deterrents saved my car. To the guys out there who may be relying on that red hunk of metal be careful. I used to feel well protect with that thing. Well I guess its a GPS based tracking system for me.
How did they get it off?

First of all sorry this happened and glad you still have your car. There are several types branded cargard column locks. Can you please specify which one you have and how they defeated it? Is it the one that has the push button on top? Or the one that has a medeco type lock.

Last edited:
First of all sorry this happened and glad you still have your car. There are several types branded cargard column locks. Can you please specify which one you have and how they defeated it? Is it the one that has the push button on top? Or the one that has a medeco type lock.

Some come with the medeco lock and others with a Philips style key lock.
Curious too, I heard the hinged is the weak part the thieves go for.

Don't mean to sound like a broken record.... These devices as well as others aren't an absolute solution, but will buy you some valuable time to catch the idiot and / or force the bums to abondon their heist. Good news that you had other means of theft prevention.

Seriously, I take have these expert post on debatable subjects with a grain of salt. Too many people that are quick to post opinion and slow to post evidence. If you can't back up your claim or opinion, keep it to yourself. Opinions are easy to come by. Facts, not so much.

Seriously, I take have these expert post on debatable subjects with a grain of salt. Too many people that are quick to post opinion and slow to post evidence. If you can't back up your claim or opinion, keep it to yourself. Opinions are easy to come by. Facts, not so much.
I totally agree...
The OP hasn't responded with any information or answered any of the questions that were asked. Don't come on here and yell "FIRE"....then not say where or what is on fire, or if it were put out...
I would really like to know a bit more...

I totally agree...
The OP hasn't responded with any information or answered any of the questions that were asked. Don't come on here and yell "FIRE"....then not say where or what is on fire, or if it were put out...
I would really like to know a bit more...

Not only that, but the original poster's profile says he only has 6 posts.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Wow...attention to detail much guys? I yelled fire 8 years ago! :D For those of you who asked it was the red car guard with the phillips head key. I looked like they pried it apart with something the locking portion wouldn't fit back together and the guard itself was only slightly out of round. All the damaged wires required a new steering column to be installed cost me fortune to fix but I kept my car and I finally go my Hooker exhaust installed. I actually sold the car back 2010. I'm in California for the guy who asked. Actually upgraded to a Steadfast Column Guard and a Ravelco alarm.

I have a column guard and 5 lbs of C4 under the seat with a remote detonator...if I cant have it...no one will