Carbon Fiber Valve Covers

wickedmotorhead

SQWURLY
How many of you would be interested in carbon fiber valve covers. I am thinking about designing them and selling them, but I would need some interest to validate the cost of the billet tooling. I have access to an exclusive injection molding (RTM) process that creates precise gasket surfaces, eliminating leakage problems common to other manufacturers while maintaining a nearly flawless surface finish. I have included a picture of a set of olds covers that have been done with the same process. Please post comments and expected price you would pay. Thanks.

I like it, I would hit up some vendors to see if they would carry it for you to justify the tooling. I would bet these would be close to $300 right??

How about an intake manifold while you are at it?? :eek: :biggrin:

Probably looking at around 300-350 a pair with the billet aluminum insert for the oil filler/breathers. Will also have a billet rail for the seal track molded in. Keep up the interest and I will most likely roll with this especially if one of the Buick vendors would be interested. I try giving a few a call. Thanks.

Oh and the intake idea...yes please! That would be very sweet but I am sure there a very few that would pay the dough for that one.

Ooh, I like those.
Count me in as long as they fit with AC unlike some people's sheet metal ones :rolleyes:

dido on the fitment after the nightmare i had with the sheetmetal ones off ebay and the azzhole seller :mad: if you can make these to work with cars with a/c ill take a set or two myself they would look killer, I also would offer my car as a test mule for a free set :biggrin:

I got the test mule thing covered with mine..nice try though. ;) As for fitment I was just going to mock them pretty much after the GN1 valve covers since I have pretty much all the factory stuff and roller rockers and they are tall enough to clear and can be removed without disassembling the car around the engine. Do the GN1 covers bolt on factory heads as well?

wish i knew as i have not graduated to the gn1's yet but plan to. if they use the 4 bolts on the rail then i would assume, but if your heads have the bolts through the middle of the cover then no. also your in vegas were Len has his transmission business at im sure he has a set of stock gn heads and probably a set of champion valve covers etc. for us poor peasants to make stock style covers for LOL. then you can check to see if they clear your a/c. so we will know. With that quit stalling and get the damn thing make! :eek: :biggrin:

haha. Yeah I checked and the GN1 covers do fit stock heads and I already know they clear A/C since I just had to remove and put them back on last night. I'm working on it.